Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Book of Shadows

More
14 years 1 month ago #16335 by raidohaglaz
Replied by raidohaglaz on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
Highwayman: you mean it looks like the book of shadows from Charmed?
The triqueta is a pretty common symbol for the threefold goddess, so I guess it really isn't that weird to see it just about everywhere.

Also, unlined pages look better, yes. You might want to consider drawing your own lines, since you know how many you will need. That way, you will still be able to include symbols and drawings on unlined paper and keep your writing straight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16345 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
No offense, but isn't ordering a special, handmade Book of Shadows for 200$, a bit poser-ish? I think this way the procedure of writing in it loses more of it's actual charm than it does because of lined pages...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16346 by raidohaglaz
Replied by raidohaglaz on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
Witches need bling too. :P

More
14 years 1 month ago #16348 by black_magnolia
Noxae wrote:

No offense, but isn't ordering a special, handmade Book of Shadows for 200$, a bit poser-ish? I think this way the procedure of writing in it loses more of it's actual charm than it does because of lined pages...

It depends in the eyes of the user. Mine is also handmade and cost me 80 pounds. The binding itself is a real work of art. It's very special and that makes the process of writing in it even more special then just writing in some plain notebook. I'll try to post a picture of the cover as soon as possible so you can see yourself. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16349 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
Oh well, maybe I can't show understanding in spending so much for something which, in the end mainly serves as a notebook, because ''true'' witches didn't have such luxuries and because I personally never feel the need to write things down, be it magic, dreams or whatever. I'll take it to my death :P

More
14 years 1 month ago #16373 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
The book I use is actually a journal made by a friend of mine. She hand bound it and put a piece of my artwork on the front of it. A stylized mouse of course! I don't really have any spells in it per se but I do have a cross referenced list of the spell components I regularily keep on hand and the combinations of those items that I most commonly used. It's a very special book to me as my best friend made it so I thought it would be the perfect place to write these things down . . .

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds