Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Book of Shadows

More
14 years 1 month ago #16375 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
That's lovely! This way it really has an emotional background :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16402 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Mine is a hard-bound book. I bought it so that it wouldn't get bent or crushed.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16410 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
Not sure I ever heard about this kind of book before, but it makes sense.

As for the cost of it, I believe you can be free to do what you whish. Myself, I'd get one bound in real leather. Actually got one such book, where I write about my stories, much like prophecies for my comming works. Otherwise the details will get lost, as I got many stories and more dreams.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 1 month ago #16417 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
I don't own a book of shadows but if I did it would be very personal and handmade so that it is close to me (like cemwerewolf mentioned earlier) But I must admit you guys gave me a phenomenal idea, I always have a overflow of ideas for something and if they are not written (which they usually aren't) now I know the practical part is to have a small little notes in a small notebook, but if I made it myself maybe I will get myself to write them down if nothing else. :D problem solved

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 month ago #16424 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
CorpseQueen wrote:

Not sure I ever heard about this kind of book before, but it makes sense.

As for the cost of it, I believe you can be free to do what you whish. Myself, I'd get one bound in real leather. Actually got one such book, where I write about my stories, much like prophecies for my comming works. Otherwise the details will get lost, as I got many stories and more dreams.

I have a book like that too! I have so many story ideas yet, alas, so little time to work on them. If I hadn't written all my ideas down I might have lost the next great novel! :laugh:

More
14 years 1 month ago #16436 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Book of Shadows
I thought about starting a Book of Shadows when I first started learning about Wicca and Paganism, but I decided not to. My hand-writing is really terrible, and it just didn't seem proper to me.

The picture in the original post on this thread made me think of Charmed as well.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds