Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

nostradamus

More
14 years 7 months ago #1619 by morphea3107
nostradamus was created by morphea3107
Michel de Nostradame was a French apothecary and reputed seer who published collections of prophecies that have since become famous worldwide. He is best known for his book Les Propheties (\"The Prophecies\"), the first edition of which appeared in 1555. Since the publication of this book, which has rarely been out of print since his death, Nostradamus has attracted a following that, along with the popular press, credits him with predicting many major world events.
i'm curios how would you comment on this thread...noastradamus has many followers still and many skeptics...in which category are you ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1621 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:nostradamus
My friend told me that he predicted the end of the world to be in 2012, so i'm hoping that his predictions are wrong :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #1624 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:nostradamus
yeah...everyone quotes the end of the world....especially now with that darn swine flu thing....:S

More
14 years 7 months ago #1628 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:nostradamus
About 85% of everything he did predict was correct:ohmy: he was a very smart man for his time.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1650 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:nostradamus
His predictions can be a bit tough to decipher... he doesn't just say \"such-and-such will happen\", you have to figure it out from his writings. I think he did this to protect himself, as he probably would have been burned as a heretic if he'd been more open about his predictions. But it's pretty spooky, how accurate he was about so many things.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1659 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:nostradamus
Could be interesting to get to know more about, if nothing else then for fun. Not a fan of prophecies tho, not even in stories, as they're so easy to believe in and even more easy to fake...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds