Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Witch's Harvest

More
14 years 2 months ago #15351 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
Well, I do grow some herbs myself but they are fairly common herbs. Ones I use for cooking as well. I have a local shop that is great for stones but has a fairly limited supply of herbs. I have bought herbs over the internet before but haven't found a specific seller that I stick with. I would like to grow some of the more exotic herbs myself but I lack a green thumb and the more exotic a plant is the quicker it seems to die on me.

As for common plant products like birch bark, ivy leaves, acorns and the like, I have no problems finding these as I know many people who let me gather in the bounty of their back yards. And I have an ample monthly supply of feathers and snakeskin thanks to my darling pets. If anyone ever finds themselves in a need for snakeskin I have almost a year's supply and am more than willing to share! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15541 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
:woohoo: Snake skin - this is very interesting! *rubbing hands*
In order to make really high-quality prescription is necessary to collect the ingredients yourself! No one in this case can not be trusted - only himself. I collect herbs in the woods and around lakes, or order herbs to my friends who travel to exotic countries.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15724 by iHauntTheSepulchre
There are three shops that I do like to go to for my equipment but as for herbs, I use whatever I have in the garden; though with the drought i'ts not that easy keeping them alive...
Snake skin you say? I wonder if you can import that into Australia...? If it wasn't for the fact my dad was so petrified of snakes I'd have my own as a pet but hey, I love my frog.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 months ago #15732 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
Well, my snake is a small constrictor, not bery threatening, so there's nothing to be afraid of there. :laugh: I really enjoy sharing my home with her (so long as she doesn't try to eat any of the other critters!) and I think it's just lovely that she's so willing to contribute to my spell craft . . .

More
14 years 2 months ago #15746 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

There are three shops that I do like to go to for my equipment but as for herbs, I use whatever I have in the garden; though with the drought i'ts not that easy keeping them alive...
Snake skin you say? I wonder if you can import that into Australia...? If it wasn't for the fact my dad was so petrified of snakes I'd have my own as a pet but hey, I love my frog.

I am surprised in Australia that shed snake skin isn't easier to come by, either in an apothecary shop or on a nature hike. I find snake skins all the time in the woods near my house.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15756 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
I never ever actually thought about that... now I just gotta get me a snake, or a leguana preferably... they're much more nice :blush: ... you can cudle with them... And as they're not predators, they'll go well with my soon to be cats and birds and what else...
(Tho I really believe I'll just get cats... not too many tho, just a few dozen when I'm old enough to breed them... :P )

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds