Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Witch's Harvest

More
14 years 2 months ago #15776 by iHauntTheSepulchre
scootiebee wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

There are three shops that I do like to go to for my equipment but as for herbs, I use whatever I have in the garden; though with the drought i'ts not that easy keeping them alive...
Snake skin you say? I wonder if you can import that into Australia...? If it wasn't for the fact my dad was so petrified of snakes I'd have my own as a pet but hey, I love my frog.

I am surprised in Australia that shed snake skin isn't easier to come by, either in an apothecary shop or on a nature hike. I find snake skins all the time in the woods near my house.

Sadly the only place I'd find snake skin is down near the creek, but the only snakes down there are tiger snakes - very dangerous little buggers I tell you.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15788 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest

scootiebee wrote:

There are three shops that I do like to go to for my equipment but as for herbs, I use whatever I have in the garden; though with the drought i'ts not that easy keeping them alive...
Snake skin you say? I wonder if you can import that into Australia...? If it wasn't for the fact my dad was so petrified of snakes I'd have my own as a pet but hey, I love my frog.

I am surprised in Australia that shed snake skin isn't easier to come by, either in an apothecary shop or on a nature hike. I find snake skins all the time in the woods near my house.

Sadly the only place I'd find snake skin is down near the creek, but the only snakes down there are tiger snakes - very dangerous little buggers I tell you.

Is it not possible to just get snake skin from a friend who owns a snake? :blink:

More
14 years 1 month ago #15806 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The Witch's Harvest
I certainly wouldn't willingly wander into tiger snake habitat! Yeeps!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15814 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

Is it not possible to just get snake skin from a friend who owns a snake? :blink:

None of my friends are allowed to own snakes either. One of my cousins has a snake now though, I could ask her, but we had a huge family falling-out with her and her mother so it mightn't work out.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #18028 by Verminaard Draconis
cemwerewolf wrote:

Through previous posts we have learned that there are those among us who practice spellcraft. As one of that number, I got to wondering . . . Where does everyone get their supplies?

Do you grow your own herbs or have a local supplier? Do you go into the wild to gather components? Is there a website you go to? Inquiring minds always seek more knowledge . . .

In fact I do both, but the best to do is still growing your own herbs for spellcraft or medecine! In fact doing both in the magical way is the best. But when you cannot grow it you can have it in a local shop for that situation \"But don't forget to make a special ritual for those herbs\" or a local supermarket is also good because you dont find all the herbs you need in those shop so you have to find it somewere! Even if the books said to not go there, do it because in the ancient times they had no diference between a local shop and a grocery store.

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Verminaard Draconis.

More
14 years 6 days ago #19347 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Harvest time! I love this time of the year because that's when my house is full of drying herbs that I hang all over the place. My house smells like rosemary and roses at the moment. A fortnight ago it was lavender and beeswax. Hopefully in a couple of weeks it'll be mint and lemon geranium or parsley and dill...

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds