Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 2 months ago #15641 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Steam Punk
scootiebee wrote:

Well, I had planned on taking a lot of photos, but after checking the upcoming weather for my route to drive to NYC from my house, I would have to drive through the section marked \"PARALYZING BLIZZARD\" which sounds a little ominous. They are expecting 2 feet of snow, which is about 60 cm. I don't think I can drive through that, even with my big 4wd truck. I am going to try, but it doesn't look too promising. :(

That sounds awful! I wish you a safe trip!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15681 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
Thanks for the wishes for a safe trip, but we decided today to bail out of the trip. We sold our tickets, and gave up our hotel. Oh, well. I promised Lucy to take her to NY in the spring when it is nice weather. Still, there won't be a Tim Burton Ball then, but since they have closed a lot of the bridges due to high winds and icing, I think it is a little safer and better to stay home. Much to my great sadness. :(

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15684 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Steam Punk
scootiebee wrote:

Thanks for the wishes for a safe trip, but we decided today to bail out of the trip. We sold our tickets, and gave up our hotel. Oh, well. I promised Lucy to take her to NY in the spring when it is nice weather. Still, there won't be a Tim Burton Ball then, but since they have closed a lot of the bridges due to high winds and icing, I think it is a little safer and better to stay home. Much to my great sadness. :(

That really sucks! :( But safety comes first. I also wouldn't try to drive to NY with such weather conditions.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15708 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Steam Punk
Scootiebee, that really sucks! I know you and Lucy were really looking forward to this. But you have done the sensible thing for sure.

Maybe they'll have another Tim Burton ball sometime, if this one is a hit.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15726 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
Morgana wrote:

Scootiebee, that really sucks! I know you and Lucy were really looking forward to this. But you have done the sensible thing for sure.

Maybe they'll have another Tim Burton ball sometime, if this one is a hit.

I hope so, but I don't mind. They closed all the interstate highways between me and New York this morning, so I couldn't have made it anyway. Apparently people were driving off the highway because they couldn't see the road with the blowing snow. It is almost hurricane force winds, and 2-3 feet of snow (60-90 cm). Wow. Too much for me. Captain Robert tweeted me that I should take the train, but Amtrak closed their service between Baltimore and NYC this afternoon! Ugh. I am sad, but happy that I didn't have to risk my life for a concert. Maybe I will head out to Michigan in May to see them. Not much further, 7.5 hours drive according to Google Maps, which means about 6 hours, the way I drive. ;) And it is in Late May! No snow? Maybe? Hopefully! I will try that. I still promised Lucy an Abney Park concert, and by golly I will deliver!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15733 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steam Punk
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the ball but glad to hear that you weren't subjected to driving in such wretched conditions. I'm sure you'll be able to make it up and be all the happier for the nicer driving conditions!

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds