Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 11 months ago #53 by tusker
Steampunk. was created by tusker
So I was checking out the new alchemy gothic releases and find all the new steampunk stuff. Now, I have to say I love that whole genre - technology with brass bits and wires and so on. Dials and widgets to measure the aether or some other quirky energy (like this which I think is just great! www.alchemygothic.com/index.php/online-c...MT_Gender_Gauge.html ).

So anyway, what do you guys think about it all. Its a bit of a change of direction for alchemy gothic. Do you think, or hope that they make more of the same? Or would you rather see more of their traditional gothic stuff?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #54 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Steampunk.
I have to say I love it all. If I get any steampunk items I'll incorporate them into my \"look\" alongside any \"traditional gothic stuff\" and it should look really good. May I add, the attention to detail on the steampunk pieces is amazing.

More
14 years 10 months ago #85 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steampunk.
The joy of gothic fashion seems to be the way in which all it's many styles seem to coexist so well. I can wear a victorian corset with a three inch spiked collar and bondage pants and it looks gorgeous even though the pieces are from different eras. So I find myself chomping at the bit as I can't wait to get my hands on some steampunk pieces to add to my collection.

More
14 years 10 months ago #87 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Steampunk.
That is so right! Truly Goth is the ultimate subculture... Especially with bits of Steampunk in there as well...

More
14 years 10 months ago #96 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Re:Steampunk.
Well steam punk is a play on the victorian image anyway, like when they thought you could make steam engines for aircraft. I love it! If only it was practical to walk around as a victorian goth all the time ^^

More
14 years 10 months ago #98 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steampunk.
Though the victorian look isn't really practical for day to day wear, I get all dressed up whenever I get half a chance. Besides, it's fun to go grocery shopping with my tricorn hat on and watch the embarassed parents hide their faces as their child yells, \"Look, a pirate!\"

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds