Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

2012 - end of the world?

More
14 years 3 months ago #14078 by Morgana
I've noticed a lot of shows on TV lately about the Mayan prophecy, that the world will end on December 21, 2012. Apparently the Hopi Indians and the Hindus also have calendars with similar end dates. I don't really know a whole lot about this yet, but I'm sure there'll be no shortage of information, and mis-informtion, between now and then. So far, it seems to me like the \"year 2000\" hype, and we all know how that turned out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14081 by millkins
Well, we have probably fucked up the planet enough for it to become revengeful, and the dates do match up too close. But if you take a close look there has been a lot of end of the world dates, and we live and breathe still, knowing it can end in a nanosecond even without the prophesies and end of the earth happenings.
So frankly I dunno what to think, refuse to worry about it, and still try to do my best just living :lol: if that makes sence :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #14083 by cemwerewolf
I think that this end of the world date is getting so much attention because, frankly, the media is more evolved now. Every one is more in touch so we're able to draw correlations more easily between different events and theories. So there is more background to be exploited and fed to the masses. Whether we like it or not we are fed on a daily diet of frightening stories and what could be scarier, and thus garner more attention, then the end of the world? Personally, I think it's pretty much all hype. If I'm wrong, I won't be around to feel bad about it . . .

More
14 years 3 months ago #14084 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:2012 - end of the world?
Seem to remember it's simply the end of the Mayan calendar..The world is much more informed these days..I'm pretty certain the world won't end. :P And if it does - Oh well.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14092 by scootiebee
I think one of the reasons it is getting so much attention is they have made a movie called 2012, about the prophecy. Very dramatic and apocalyptic. I don't know when it is coming out, but I saw a trailer for it last year in the movie theater. Not positive, but I think it stars Nick Cage.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14098 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:2012 - end of the world?
GOD LETS HOPE SO, SO WE CAN MOVE ON!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds