Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Astronomy

More
14 years 3 months ago #13264 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Astronomy
A lot of the websites are useful for finding daily information (special things going on, planetary conjunctions, meteor showers, other unusual things you might only see for a day or a week at most). I would check them out every few days to make sure you know what is coming up soon. Good luck with stargazing. If you have a set of binoculars, they are really almost as good as an inexpensive telescope, and you can see the Galilean moons with average binoculars.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13296 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Astronomy
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought about daily updates on the sites. I do have a set of binoculars, but they're old (at least 50 years, maybe more) and I always have trouble getting them to focus. They seem to work better if I take my glasses off, which seems very strange...

More
14 years 3 months ago #13309 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Astronomy
I have a great set of binoculars and every time I visit my folks (they live on the top floor of a building in my hometown) I like to search around and see what's happening in the night's sky. I have googled some sites but...they seem a bit confusing. If someone has any site suggestion...I am interested :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20999 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re:Astronomy
I love watching stars. I don't know much about them but I hope i will have chance to go on some lecture about stars. In today world we can't see stars so good as people could see it before 500 years or more. All the lights today don't let us see them. :(

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21040 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Astronomy
If any of you have Google Earth, it has a Google Sky function, which works very well, and is easy to use if you are already familiar with google earth. This is the one you have to download (not google maps that you use online). Google it, and google will take you to the download page. I just wanted to see how many times I could use \"google\" in one post. ;) But I swear, it is a good program. And free!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds