Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Tarot Cards

More
13 years 3 months ago #29599 by Swan
Replied by Swan on topic Re: Tarot Cards
Hello everybody! Swan's here, a newbie in this forum.

I am fascinated from things like these.

I've bought Tarot Cards and a guide in order to learn to read them, but I have not even opened the confection yet. Shame. :P

You can believe in it or not, what is important is to remain objective. It's very easy guessing something when the teller remains vague, as an example, if you are English to 99% a relative of yours will call John or George; doesn't matter where you're from, it's very easy that you've an important love story over your shoulder... especially if you ask for something about love, etc.! :laugh:

As it's very very easy believing that something beautiful will happen.

I think it's easier guessing the past of someone than the future. And even most beautiful.

Hugs
Swan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
"Two things are infinite: the Universe and the human stupidity, but about the Universe I still have doubts." ~ Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29711 by Night Blossom
Replied by Night Blossom on topic Re: Tarot Cards
I believe in tarot reading and really, the only thing I do not believe in is some readers. You just have to be careful, if you're paying for a reading, what the reader is asking. I personally don't think they should ask anything more than your name and if you have a question for the cards.

I've been trying to do tarot for years, but never dedicated myself. Just this month my wife and I found a wonderful metaphysical store fairly close by and I found the deck. It's the Halloween tarot deck and it's perfect for me. It's truly beautiful and Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. I've been doing daily card readings for myself, my wife and family members and so far everyone has said I am very accurate. I did ask them not to BS me, and I truly believe they won't. :P

I'm going to be doing some readings for my blog readers soon, so that should be fun. ^_^

More
13 years 3 months ago #29721 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Tarot Cards
Night Blossom wrote:

I believe in tarot reading and really, the only thing I do not believe in is some readers. You just have to be careful, if you're paying for a reading, what the reader is asking. I personally don't think they should ask anything more than your name and if you have a question for the cards.

^.^ Reminds me of something..I think I've mentioned the reading before, but that statement reminds me of my mother telling me about a well-renowned Chinese fortune teller she visited as a child. That fortune teller only required pictures of the people whom you wanted a reading for, and she would tell you whom she could read and whom she couldn't.

Her readings turned out to be very accurate.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29727 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Tarot Cards
I agree with that. A reader shouldn't ask you anything more then your name and your question.
There are really a lot of charlatans in the world. I once had a free reading and the guy told me that a family member in the 9th degree? (not sure what would be an appropriate translation, in Latin gradus) is going to die and I told him that I don't even know anyone that far related and that after seven degrees you can't even prove a DNA relation. The guy went a brilliant shade of crimson and I left him there speechless. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29735 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I agree with that. A reader shouldn't ask you anything more then your name and your question.
There are really a lot of charlatans in the world. I once had a free reading and the guy told me that a family member in the 9th degree? (not sure what would be an appropriate translation, in Latin gradus) is going to die and I told him that I don't even know anyone that far related and that after seven degrees you can't even prove a DNA relation. The guy went a brilliant shade of crimson and I left him there speechless. :silly:

:woohoo: Haha. I swear a few years ago this kind of topic came up in the news. I seem to recall there was proposed legislation to stop psychics, fortune-tellers etc. from 'practicing' unless they were 100% accurate or something..Because otherwise it's just a scam/cold reading (?)..

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7354089.stm

There we are..

I don't know if that ever got implemented though. It was a fair while ago since I heard about it.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32762 by Envy
Is anyone here pretty confident with tarot interpretations?

I felt compelled to fetch out my old deck and do a basic 13-card calendar spread reading..I got pretty strange results. I was wondering if it'd be worth me posting what I got for you to voice your interpretations?

Just looking at it now - What hits me first is that I have three queens and no reversed cards..Which I find pretty weird..

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds