Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Tarot Cards

More
14 years 7 months ago #2826 by janelle hell
The first card layout most people learn is the \"Celtic cross\" layout; it has 10 cards in it, and the meanings are influenced by whether they're right side up or upside down. Each of the cards has a different meaning, that, again, is influenced by the way the cards are put down in the layout. The major arcana, are, basically, meant to represent different human archetypes. The minor arcana, basically, for the most part, are meant to represent different events and emotions. It can take a very long time to become proficient at reading the cards; I've been studying it for about 15 years & I still have things to learn. Your best bet, if you wanted to learn to read tarot, would to be get several books (they are often available in larger piblic libraries), find a book or 2 that \"clicks\" with you, and go from there. You can also look up the meanings online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2827 by trykster
very nice, ty very much! :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #2831 by janelle hell
Good luck on your tarot adventures! Do you have a tarot deck yet?

More
14 years 7 months ago #2855 by trykster
no i don't :/ i haven't found a good deck yet! and i don't want to buy the first one i see on the shelf, that would just be... RUDE to tarotness!

More
14 years 7 months ago #2881 by CorpseQueen
I got my first deck out of the shelf, because I had no idea of where to find them; I was just thrilled I found one. But I don't believe it thinks the same...

And about the cards, you don't have to use them all. I believe using only the major arcana is ok, and in the beginning you don't have to read the meaning of cards turned the wrong way - to make it more simple. I like to do it tho, as my deck mostly talk in turned cards... and it does like to actuallt talk when I ask something.

I really want to know more about tarot, but to learn it I don't believe you can look online. Get some books, and see what they write - the meanings of cards can be a bit different. And then learn to know your own deck, what meaning they put into the different cards.

And also need to say that one card doesn't have one meaning. It always depends on the other cards you lay out, and what relation they got to each other. And don't go believe Death means death... that's the first mistake B)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2885 by Daruma
I have the \"precious stones tarot\"
But I have bought only to better know the stones, I use it almost for nothing else.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds