Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Tarot Cards

More
14 years 7 months ago #2127 by cemwerewolf
The same is true of my other deck. That's one of the factors that makes them so special in my eyes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2743 by Polaristhe2
I am working on my own tarot deck. I believe that it will most potent in my hands if it is made by my hands.

About these other decks. Janelle, you should be very proud of your deck. It is something amazing.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2771 by janelle hell
What a great idea...making your own tarot deck! You'll definitely have to post pictures when you're finished!

Yes, I love my tarot deck; I've had it for a very long time : D

More
14 years 7 months ago #2808 by trykster
Replied by trykster on topic tarrot cards - information
hello people!

i've been a fan of symbology for quite a while now, but i've always sortof stayed clear of tarrot cards. not because i fear them, but because i considered them somehow inferior to other ways of divination, and just -mancy in general. today however, i read a thread on them (yes here in the forum, ty writer :), and i want to know more about the it! family tells me it comes from gypsy nomads, but can anyone tell me more specific features? how does it work, the symbology involved, its origins, etc.

Any responses are duly thanked! :)

~Trykster

More
14 years 7 months ago #2818 by janelle hell
To try to explain the tarot might well take...years. They weren't originally made for divination purposes, but to play card games with, several hundred years ago in Europe. It's interesting to note that the major and minor arcana correspond very much with modern playing cards.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2821 by trykster
yes i've read about that. it's no wonder modern cards haven't changed at all. these things tend to remain the same haha :) could you tell me about basic use? what does one go through when using the cards? :O

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds