Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

witchcraft

More
14 years 3 months ago #12996 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:witchcraft
CorpseQueen wrote:

I've been living kinda close to a graveyard, but never been drawn to it. My fascination doesn't lie with the dead, but with the living. I wont ever be a vampire sucking blood, but feelings.

But I'd really like the old kind, where herbs and other plants have a big role. I'd like to know more about it, if nothing else to help my boy.

Tell me what herbs do you like? i grow many not the eating kind.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13008 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:witchcraft
That's what I want to know... pretty much don't know anything atm. Just a few things you can eat in the wild, but I'd love to learn more and grow my own things and all that. It would be so much fun, to know exactly where everything you get comes from and such, and I would really have something to pass time... :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #13311 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:witchcraft
You've read the books of Carlos Castaneda? There is personal experiences and rituals, and herbs - their drying, cultivation, use in rituals. For example, very often in the witchcraft used root of mandrake (Mandragora) - used as a potent hallucinogen, and as a means of protection against malicious spells, as well as the root of it is an accumulator of astral energy, and therefore considered to be one of the best plant protectors. Amulets these are so strong that even work without causing them any magical signs or symbols.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13825 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:witchcraft
cemwerewolf wrote:

I do believe in witchcraft. Most of my practice centers around ties to nature so rituals and spells revolve around that aspect. I don't do a whole lot in regards to spell craft, but I have been known to do charms for my loved ones to help them through things.

I do this too. I've always loved nature and a few years ago it just clicked - being Catholic like the rest of my family - I just wasn't comfortable with the way they did things and so I chose to follow my own path. Personally though, if I like a person and want to be their friend, what they believe in is the last thing on my mind - I'm open to all religions.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 months ago #13938 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:witchcraft
NIFER - I've never heard of him, I believe but I could check up his books if I run across them. I'd really like to learn more about herbs, and grow them myself, as I really like to do things myself. Never liked the food or clothes industry anyway...

Haunt - same here, any religion is fine jsut it isn't extreme or in other ways come between us. Or if they'd try to recruit me... My boy makes up his own religions, and there is a name for that - to take pieces of most religions and make your own kind. And I pretty much do the same, but without the same kind of belief. So it won't get between us I'm sure :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 months ago #14009 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:witchcraft
CorpseQueen, if you are interested, here is the name of Carlos Castaneda's book «The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge». Works of Carlos Castaneda had a strong influence on the work of Richard Bach and Paulo Coelho and many others. In the works of Victor Pelevin and Max Fry's has a strong influence of ideas Castaneda. Look in the same wikipedia.
In general, all herbs, wrote the famous Russian biologist in the 19 century.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds