Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

hard to be

More
14 years 8 months ago #1999 by Thurysaz
Bonjour,

Frères et sœurs members Of The Order Of Algoth,

That day I want to ask how, if you're Goth, goes your day?
Are you well accepted by people around you?
As the Order of enthusiasts Alchemy comes from around the globe I'd like to know « how to be Goth\" is seen at your place.

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2001 by vampirelycanthrope13
My friends and other people around me are generally accept how i dress. My friends (who are mostly not goth) often compliment me on my clothes and often ask where i buy them. Some people in the streets can be less accepting, I will occasionally get strange looks that are rather indiscreet and ill concealed by girls who are wearing the current 'coolest' fashions, who also go from being loud to very quiet as i walk by, and i'm not super gothy- i don't wear makeup and my hair isn't dyed at the moment, but my clothes are usually gothic to some degree, which isn't the norm where i live.
The worst treatment i had was some random people yelling nasty things at me a couple of years back and calling me an emo-which at the time i had no idea what it was so had to go home and wikipedia it.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2003 by dr.marcius_von_rosenstein
ave,

in my country the young people dont accept how i look, how ever the older once like it.
(wishdom comes with the ages) i generally wear victorian cloths and not gothic.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2006 by Aftermidnight
I wear clothes that I can argue are gothic or normal depending on who I'm talking to! I don't think I'm gothic enough to be noticed to a big degree on the street but at college I do have the reputation of being the one who dresses in black. My favourite quote from my friend in English class:
\"I passed a funeral directors yesterday and thought of you, Liam.\"

More
14 years 8 months ago #2010 by morphea3107
being goth or metal in my country , makes for a great target for ridicule. it's fun to know that people waste their time and brain cells ( however few they have) to curse you on the street when you obviously don't care.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2011 by Aftermidnight
Is that England Morphea? If so I find it isn't too bad, although emo seems to have become an umbrella term for all goths, emos and metalheads.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds