Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Goths +

More
14 years 4 months ago #11228 by ScorchingAngel
Replied by ScorchingAngel on topic Re:Goths +
It is very very hard to find any clothing over XL here. What my size is, I'd rather not tell, but I certainly do not fit into most goth clothing you can find all over the place.
I have found one site for the Netherlands that sells plus sized gothic clothing, but finding the really beautiful things between it is hard. Next to that, I do not like the fact that I can't try the clothes on. Of course you can exchange them for larger or smaller sizes, but still it would be easier to just get those clothes out of a rack in a local gothic shop, try them on to see if they fit or not and buy them!

But okay, for you dutchies out there: www.gotics.nl is the site to go to if you want bigger sized gothic clothing, but they also have smaller sizes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11252 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Goths +
Here is a link to a web site listing shops that stock plus sizes: www.shadowclad.com/voluptugoth.htm
Half the links there don't exist any more but it's still worth checking out.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11284 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Goths +
I guess I'm the only medium around here eh?

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11313 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Goths +
I've been a medium since I got some curves, and even tho I may have wider shoulders and bigger breasts then most, I don't have a hard time to find something my size. I know one store that doesn't have any shoulders in their clothes, but else I'm fine.

But in male clothes (I like shirts, and the female ones are always too fixed and I just want a plain shirt) I had to take XS. And it fits fine, but I can't button it over my breasts or over my thighs... how are guys built?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #11321 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Goths +
I know I'm average with a slight build. I'm fairly happy with my body, just need some abs and pectorials to show a little better.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11381 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Goths +
I am extra-medium. Usually medium, but in some goth clothes I need large (for some reason they think goths are bean-poles with no curves). I bought a shirt today and had to get large, but it has a corset design that I can tighten the waist in, which usually works for me.

The Japanese gothic lolita dresses, like from Retroscope, are sized really weird. I got a size medium skirt from the website, and the tag in the actual skirt is xxl, and says it fits U.S. Size 14! NOT! I guess in Japan I might be an xxl, but in the U.S. I am a very average size (usually 6-8), and the skirt fits perfectly. Just follow the measurements, and ignore all the s-m-l stuff. Contact the website before you buy and confirm what measurements the garment is sized to fit, not a size number like \"9\", but \"32 inch waist\" or 36 inch chest. This works for men too. Most sites are very happy to provide this information because they are more likely to make a sale after giving it!

Good luck.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds