Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothing through the seasons

More
14 years 9 months ago #136 by Aftermidnight
I'll start by saying this is as much about me asking advice as finding out what goths do at Summer. Does everyone still wear black stuff despite the sun and heat? Last year I did but this year I'm going to Florida on holiday and I'm not sure whether to melt away inside black clothes or wear not-black clothes, which I wouldn't feel as comfortable in... Or is there some sort of compromise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #140 by RavenDarkmoon
To quote the little girl in the Aliens movie…”they mostly come out at night…mostly”
All I can tell you is the sun and black clothing, you going to melt so…
Good luck, I hope you make it back with out turning into a puddle of water. :)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by RavenDarkmoon.

More
14 years 9 months ago #183 by Aloki
Replied by Aloki on topic Re:Goths in summer time...
I'm sure that there are some good sleeveless shirts. But the coming out at night things isn't a bad idea, but the day are longer in the summer and the sun doesn't set until around 9 or ten.

More
14 years 9 months ago #184 by TheAlcherealist
I wear less black in summer. Okay i have to say that i'm not 'Goth', i have my own style (i call it Obscurialism :P for giving it a name, it's easier for others to understand) so i don't wear all time black. But i think that 'full goths' can wear black things in summer, if you're smart enough to choose some clothes without long sleeves or things alike.

More
14 years 9 months ago #185 by Aftermidnight
Ah I see. Are there such things as gothic shorts? Lol.

More
14 years 9 months ago #191 by cemwerewolf
I find that you can still wear black in the midst of the summer if you're smart about it. Make friends with mesh, fishnet and gauzy materials is the best advice I can give. These materials breathe quite well so there's less risk of sweating to death. If you really look around you can even find \"traditional\" goth clothing that incorporates these materials. I myself have A corset with mesh panels that is actually quite comfortable to wear in the summer. As for goth shorts . . . I found a pair of board shorts with a rather vicious looking tribal pattern on them. I consider them decently gothy . . .

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds