Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Forests, Mountains and Monsters

More
14 years 4 months ago #9932 by EternusAtrumDiligo
Hello. I'm Daniel Francis Gallagher, Mutilatum, Die, Parvulus ab Diabolus, Atrum... and the list goes on but I prefer simply Dan. My heritage is Irish, Scottish, Austrian and German. I'm a devoted follower of true norwegian black metal along with symphonic/ambiotic/doom/depressive/viking and folk metal, while I also like alot of classical, romantic and baroque music. I'm a keen reader of history (all European) from pre-christian (what is now) UK with the P-Celts, Q-Celts, Orkanians etc, and then from the Wars of the Roses to the fall of Hitler. I like opera, intricate gothic architecture and medieval weapons and forms of torture!!! I have lived in over 10 different countries but hope to settle in Norway, Ireland or Sweden. I detest most people, I like to observe emotion, particularly love because I experience little outside of malice, and more than anything I wish to wonder about in the ice covered mountains and deep secluded forests as far as possible from the 21st century with no material possessions. I'm fond of the occult, from orcs and dragons to grotesque sci-fi leviathans like Yog Sothoth. I play guitar and keys, read a decent amount (fiction or otherwise), like existential debate, wear lots of armour and corpse-paint, play warhammer 40k because it's the best and most grim sci-fi experience out there, I'm ruthless and devious, and I like to write and compose.

That's pretty well it.

One cannot know life without knowning death, for all those same that live, die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9946 by black_magnolia
Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a nice time here. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9952 by Envy
:) Welcome!

I love the detail you've gone into for your introduction. :P I, too, love intricate gothic architecture, secluded forests, baroque, classical and romantic music. ^.^! I have to compose for the music course I'm doing as well.

What are your favourite pieces of classical/baroque/romantic music? And what usually inspires your compositions?

You'd hate it if I was around whilst you were playing Warhammer. :huh: I have urges to poke the adorable little men.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9973 by cemwerewolf
Welcome my dear! Oh, what questions I have after reading your intro . . . Do you have a favorite opera? A favorite weapon or form of torture? Do you have a favorite book? And may I inquire as to what army or armies you play in 40K? What can I say? I'm a sucker for the details . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #9999 by EternusAtrumDiligo
To Envy:
I'm glad you like the details. Toccata and Fugue D minor – Pipe Organ by Bach is my favourite! baroque piece and pretty well Bach, Wagner, Bach and more Bach. :p I also like some of Henry Purcell (\"When I am Laid in Earth\" from Dido and Aeneas is great) and Cesar Franck... Dimmu Borgir and Carach Angren are two of my favourite black metal bands, (very fond of all the keyboard sections as Mustis is a genius)... What inspires me hmmm well gothic architecture (particularly on churches, basilicas, cathedrals & the like... gargoyles!!)/culture, tragedy, sombre landscapes, various animals, novels, experiences, mythology and history. Ultimately I like anything that is dark, sinister, cold and astral or malevolent, anything that takes your mind away into the dark voids of space or forests and lonely, forgotten, haunted structures. Please tell me more about your music course; what do you have to compose? Which instrument(s) do you play??... (Hah well I probably wouldn't mind if you poked the figures but I can't answer for my opponent :p)

To Cemwerewolf:
Well some of my favourite operas are: Wagner-'Gotterdammerung', 'Rienz' and 'Tristan and Isolde'; Verdi-'Rigoletto' and Monteverdi- 'L'Orfeo' (along with many, many more). My favourite weapons are the misericorde, pole arms, war hammers and various arrow heads, oh and all variations of maces and you mustn't forget the trusty axe :). Tortures (mwahaha) well I honestly like too many, the \"Head Crusher/Masher/Annihilator\" is probably the one closest to my heart. It's basically a clamp with a screw for tightening and it first shatters the victims teeth, dislocates the jaw, and then before destroying the skull completely the eyes burst from their sockets!(Lovely)(You should check out the spider, pear of anguish, wheel of torture and Judas cradle if you're interested). My favourite book is Trinity! second would be Don Quixote but after that it's difficult to say... I collect Sisters of Battle/Daemonhunters and Imperial Guard (also really like Nurgle and zombies)... Same questions for you? (I’d love to know their answers)

Apologies, I tend to write far too much, and thank you for the warm welcome.

One cannot know life without knowning death, for all those same that live, die.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10017 by Envy
EternusAtrumDiligo wrote:

To Envy:
I'm glad you like the details. Toccata and Fugue D minor – Pipe Organ by Bach is my favourite! baroque piece and pretty well Bach, Wagner, Bach and more Bach. :p I also like some of Henry Purcell (\"When I am Laid in Earth\" from Dido and Aeneas is great) and Cesar Franck... Dimmu Borgir and Carach Angren are two of my favourite black metal bands, (very fond of all the keyboard sections as Mustis is a genius)... What inspires me hmmm well gothic architecture (particularly on churches, basilicas, cathedrals & the like... gargoyles!!)/culture, tragedy, sombre landscapes, various animals, novels, experiences, mythology and history. Ultimately I like anything that is dark, sinister, cold and astral or malevolent, anything that takes your mind away into the dark voids of space or forests and lonely, forgotten, haunted structures. Please tell me more about your music course; what do you have to compose? Which instrument(s) do you play??... (Hah well I probably wouldn't mind if you poked the figures but I can't answer for my opponent :p)

*Squeals* I love Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor! Someone on YouTube did an amazing version of the toccata on the electric guitar. I'll find it.

We're usually given a brief to compose to - I often end up writing things in minor keys, sometimes accidentally. I find it so hard to compose in majors. >.<! For last year's compositions, I wrote a march in G minor and a waltz in A minor. This year we only have to compose one piece that lasts a minimum on 3 minutes. The brief I chose was to 'compose a piece with the title 'Life Cycle'..It's quite an open topic. Basically we write anything that expresses a beginning and moderates to an end, so it could be seasons, a literal life, the life of a star, etc. I've chosen to try something based on the seasons combined with a human life. :P Can't wait to compose the winter/death section. Too many ideas at times.

I play the piano, guitar and the flute. :)

I recall going into a Games Workshop with my ex-boyfriend. Dear me. I felt quite intimidated to the amount of people asking me \"How many points do you have?\" and things along those lines. (I didn't understand it at the time, I just nodded, smiled, then wandered off to prod at pretty things, much to the annoyance of the guy persisting in asking me about points). :whistle:

Don't know whether you'll see it as anything special, but damn, this guy mesmerised me. :P

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds