Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Greetings and Apologies

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #9848 by knumpcy
Since it has been a while since I have been on for a regular basis and have been even before my register date I just wish to apologize beforehand for my recent actions and corrections. There really isn't an excuse except that I am an old Goth from the era in the music realm(popular) when it started.

While first starting out listening to punk after it hit the states in 1980 while watching the then Virgin MTV when it was still worth watching. That was my first taste of the Sex Pistols, The Clash, Generation X (Billy Idol), The Ramones and so forth and so on. The Misfits followed and Black Flag, Circle jerks, Dead Kennedy's, you get the picture while I was considered a skate punk and bmxer, I didn't get the joy of hearing Bauhaus, Joy Division, The Sisters of Mercy, and so on until about 1988 when I met a lass from Colorado while I was in the Marines. Then that started the climb unto the dark realm of Gothdom.

With all the groups now thrown into the culture widely due to hottopic and the like by the mainstream, one can wonder why a Romantic Goth which also grew up listening to and singing classical music, reading and writing poetry from the likes of Poe,Yeats,Shelley,Byron and reveling in the dark romanticism and victorian finery that the hard and brash does tend to anger my sense realism. Granted my age does have a factor and my belief that punk and all the other subcultures thrown into the mix since the late 80's is and will always be just a phase, but the Goth Culture is a way of life until you can no longer take breath from your lungs. The Old Goths have been around since before the 1970's and it also was and is centuries older than Bram Stokers Dracula was even thought of. My ancesters en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths , and the Music Subculture en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_subculture should explain everything quite nicely. I hope you enjoy the experience and i do apologize for being crass at times but the burden of knowledge and truth sometimes angers the futile and naive.

Enjoy Gothdom...

knumpcy
aka Paul Burba age 40, USA and a Romantic Victorian Goth

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by knumpcy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9863 by cemwerewolf
Though knowledge is often times a burden, I applaude you for bearing up under it and being so willing to share all you know with us. I myself am relatively new to the gothic lifestyle, having only spread my ebony wings a few years ago after many years of fearing to express myself as I saw fit. Though I tend more towards the romantic victorian end of the spectrum, I delight in any tidbits of knowledge on the culture in general offered up by those in the know. I thank you my friend.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9872 by SkieShauphen
This is a great thing to do Krumpcy. I'm glad you shared that with us. I, myself have also just recently started to spread my wings. It's not so much that I WANT to be accepted in the Gothic world, just that eveything about it pleases and interests me. No matter what others say it will not keep me from living my life under a black umbrella. Since I grew up alone and without the scene anywhere near me I used to call myself a freak simply because I didn't enjoy anything everyone else was doing in my location. All of the 'normies' and bible pushers turned me 180 degrees at even the slightest wiff. Once I was able to get attached to the Internet I discovered all of the loveley genre's of music. It started with rock & roll (from the 70's to today) as well as glam rock and metal. From there I discovered batcave and dark wave music. I was hooked. Eventually I made my way into Industrial and rave but that all came later. Now, after years of fascination I am highly eager to spend quality time with other members from the culture and finally get to see life through their eyes.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds