Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Behold! The Nightmare...

More
14 years 6 months ago #7488 by 2girls1corpse
Just passing through,trying to decide whether or not I want to carry AG products at my store. I suppose it would help to tell you about my store aye? I run a jewelry and watch repair shop, and we also sell a fair amount of retail engraveable items. I doubt my regular store clientele would buy AG products, but I have a personal clientele base that would definitely be interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7490 by black_magnolia
I think that if there is a fair amount of goths and similar alternative sub-cultures, it would be a good idea to carry AG stuff. You have to take in account the size of your town/city and the surrounding area to see if there is enough people interested. If there is already a shop in your town selling AG stuff, well then you can surely get to know how well do the items sell.
Hope I was at least of some help.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7492 by 2girls1corpse
My area is small and there is little to no goth scene at all. I know everyone in said scene and I would be the only distributor to the best of my knowledge.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7493 by black_magnolia
Hmmm... And the surrounding area? Are there any shops like 100 kilometers around your town that have AG stuff?
If there is such a small number of people, then I wouldn't carry Ag items. If you know all the people and can't for sure see any more potentional customers, then I think it's to risky. There is only one amount of items that a single person can buy over a year, and I don't think you would have enough customers to make it profitable.

edit: You could also print some images from the AG items you would consider selling and put them in your shop and ask the people coming to your shop what they think about them and would they consider buying them. Make a little survey.

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7494 by 2girls1corpse
Are you saying that there is a minimum amount of orders required for wholesale eligibility and that I wouldn't meet it?

Do you happen to know that requirement?

More
14 years 6 months ago #7495 by black_magnolia
No, I don't know that. I'm just saying that it isn't profitable if you stock items when you can't sell them because there is no one to buy them. You can order items, the people you know buy them, then you order some more, but then those people can't buy them because they already have bought something and can't afford to buy more for some time. You can like Alchemy Gothic stuff as much as you like, but you have to live from something, right?
But everything depends on you, so just think things over. See how much it would cost you everything (shipping, possible tax, other fees etc.) and then decide if it would be ok to stock Alchemy Gothic.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds