Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Me, myself, and my schizophrenia

More
14 years 6 months ago #6487 by SkieShauphen
Short, sweet, and to the point.
I've loved Alchemy Gothic ever since I bought that first poster. Dragons of the Runering...ironically enough it's just to the left of my computer right now. Sadly, upon discovering the web site I found out just how much AG's products were. But no matter, now that there is a points and awards system I'll get those discounts and win those prizes else I be damned!!

I'm 18 and just moved to lovely Colorado. If anyone is in the state I'd love to chat sometime and possibly meet up. Since I am new here it is quite lonely...

My only peeve in the Gothic community is having to constantly be badgered by older Goths. Every time I meet someone usually around 25 to 45 that lives a gothic lifestyle they ridicule me about my own lifestyle just because of my age; referring to me as a baby bat and such. Well, I'm sick and tired of hearing it. So to anyone who thinks I'm inadequate of such a lifestyle...FUCK....YOU. Everyone else on the other hand...I welcome you with open arms.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6510 by Zenith
Welcome, SkieShauphen! I'm sure you'll have a grat time on the Forum.
Oh, you shouldn't mind older goths calling you baby bat that much, I don't think they're really ridiculing you, I know this phenomena well, so I guess they don't mean no harm. :)
For example when I was 15 everyone 0lder than me (from ages 25 to 55 :lol: ) used to tell me I'll grow out of my Cradle of Filth phase (my favourite band at that time) and I of course laughed although it kinda ticked me off. Guess what? COF is still my favourite band to date. I know this ain't a phase :)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #6511 by Polaristhe2
I'd rather not get started with the cradle of filth discussion since I can only vaugley see what connection they have with music. But then again, I must be subjective.

(puts on objective hat)

Skie, ask yourself. If you are 18 and you are a baby bat, does that analogy make them not old bats? Which isn't really a badge of honor.

I am a year older than you and have never seen conversing or proving myself equal to people thirty years older than myself a problem. People, as they get older, start showing certain symptomatical behaviours. They can range anywhere between subtle obsessive-compulsive behaviours to not so subtle occurances of pure insanity. That's what you use against them. Find that reoccuring word or twitch and poke around. But I digress. And am quite probably full of shit.

The only advice I would like for you to take is to play it cool. Teen angst made only linkin park famous. And to quote watchmen, you aren't locked in there with them, they're locked in with you.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6516 by Zenith
Well, the cradle of filth thing was but an example how older people try to tell you what's best, I never said they're a good band, I just said it's my favourite :P
Hmmmm, are we going to be the same when we get old, poke at youngsters and call them baby bats? :huh:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #6521 by SkieShauphen
Ha, I probably will when I get older. There are kids around 13 - 15 now days that I poke fun at already. And Polaris I agree with you whole-heartedly. If it weren't for my calm attitude I would have just made myself look like an ass around said people. I guess I'm just not one of the lucky ones to grow up around a goth scene. I only had the Internet to call my home. *tear*

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6536 by cemwerewolf
Welcome darling, it is a pleasure to have another enter the fold. I didn't really have a goth scene to grow up around either. I knew it was here somwhere but so deeply buried I think it was six feet under. So it took awhile for me to spread my bat wings. I've never been called a \"baby bat\" but, from what I've seen, this label is acting almost like a trend in the community at the moment. I've spoken to some of my elders and they say it is a relatively newly arrived term (at least to them). But I suppose the way to look at it is that you will always be younger than some and you will always be older than some. Treat the youngsters with respect and perhaps the elders will learn to do the same . . .

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds