Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Greetings

More
6 years 6 months ago #40223 by Wylie_Lestat
Greetings was created by Wylie_Lestat
Greetings to all here.

The into posts onto forums are usually the toughest IMO. But, at some point the ice has to be broken if one is to participate doesn't it?

My name is Wylie_Lestat, a male in the USA.

As my name implies, I am into Vampires. After knowing me for years, some of my closest friends chose to call me Lestat and so it kind of stuck. I also took it as a very big compliment. My introduction to Vampires began in 1994 when my Aunt convinced me kicking and screaming to go to the movie Interview With The Vampire with her. My thoughts were Brad Pitt + Tom Cruise= Chick flick. No way! However, little did I know the doors that it would open for me or the path that it would set me down. Much to my Aunt's dismay I have been seriously exploring the Occult ever since.

The nineties were certainly a Magickal time. When I begin to think first with the number 9, followed by the wide variety of the world wide music scene and people from all over the world first being able to easily communicate, with the grand finale of the decade ending out the century, I am still fascinated by it all and pine away for a time like it to happen again.

One of my first ventures into the world that I began to explore was a little occult shop known as Moon Mystique. I have written a short story about it that I have had published various places and will be in a book of short stories and poems (my first) that I will hopefully have finished on create a space at the beginning of 2018.

With that said, I do consider myself to be a writer, I have been published, and many people have told me that they love my way with words. I also have a small little store where I sell the types of books that I love. Though it wasn't always that way. In the 90's I was a telemarketer. I know, I know. Some dread the term and the profession. Some wouldn't even acknowledge it as a profession. Needless to say, I enjoyed it. I met and worked with some very cool people. Money was easy and I do not deny that I had a real love of feeding off of the calls whatever the person's emotion on the other end was. Sometimes I would whip them up into a frenzy and when they got to high pitched I would bring them back down so they didn't ask to talk to a supervisor and get me in trouble.

Over the years, I have bought different things from Alchemy Gothic and have always been satisfied with my purchases. I am always amazed at the details in even the smallest earrings. I was delighted to recently find that there is an entire online community that surrounds it, hence these forums. I joined a couple of months ago and finally got around to writing this introduction. That said, I do not know how heavy of a poster that I will be. Likewise, there could be times when I post regularly and others where it doesn't seem like I am around at all. Please take no offense to this. There are just times when I am simply very introverted and I rarely communicate with anyone during these times. It also makes me kind of bad at social media. I have numerous friends some of whom I have never met and I feel bad because they always seem to want to talk to me, yet sometimes, I just simply don't have anything to say or to add to a discussion. I hope that makes sense.

Well, I hope that this intro is suffice. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to reading and responding to replies that I may get and also perhaps joining in some discussions here and there.

Best Regards,

Wylie_Lestat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #40224 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Greetings
Well hi there!
I don't think you should worry too much about how much you'll be posting as the forum as a whole is rather quiet and has been so for several years now, unfortunately. I just sort of lurk about here and try to keep people company in an otherwise deserted forum.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
6 years 6 months ago #40227 by Wylie_Lestat
Replied by Wylie_Lestat on topic Greetings
Thank you for your welcome.

Unfortunately I think that you are correct, though not only here on other message boards as well. Personally, I prefer the board style opposed to the social media style, I am also in the minority. :P

Thanks again.

More
6 years 5 months ago #40233 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Greetings
I agree, I prefer message boards too. But I suppose that's the evolving face of media these days...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
6 years 5 months ago #40235 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Greetings
Welcome! :) I always love new blood on the forum. ;)
Sorry I'm late with the greetings, I try to keep a regular eye around here, but with the regular work I have offline, there's no time to lurk. You can always summon me using the report system or private messages.

Ah, I also miss the glorious days when this forum was all alive and you had at least 10 new posts each day and had to police something. Now I just ban bots. Sad times.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
4 years 5 months ago #45572 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Greetings
After being gone for so long; it feels great to finally have a new pc & a way to visit again. And just in time for Halloween... :)

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds