Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Hello All

More
12 years 7 months ago #34967 by DarkFlights
Hello All was created by DarkFlights
Hi everyone, my real name's Judy and I live virtually in the Derbyshire Dales, England.

A long time ago, I was lucky enough to have an interview with Alchemy, but sadly it didn't lead to a job, even though there were lots of positive vibes from the interview itself. One day, I hope to work as a sculptor for them, so in the meantime I am messing about with milliput and green stuff and honing my skills further, always looking to the Alchemy products for inspiration.

My day-job is as a bouncy castle painter; I paint cartoon characters on sheets of material to be used in the manufacture of inflatables, but it's nowhere near as fun as it sounds! Other than that, at the moment there's not much more to say (except that eprhaps I'm not really a goth, although I enjoy the imagery). Art is my life, I love painting, drawing and miniature sculpting and I managed to scrape a fine art degree at DeMontfort uni in Leicester in '96. I'm now 36, live with my partner of thirteen years, and am mistress (or possibly slave) to three mental cats, and also have a slowly growing collection of tarantulas, being the recovering arachnophobe that I am. :)

I hope to visit these forums often, and would love to show people my art (if it's allowed) but my server's slow so I may not be able to log on as much as I'd like. Rural living certainly has its drawbacks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34968 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hello All
Welcoem to the forum! :)

I'm really curious about your art now! You can share anything artsy in the Your Creativity thread on the forum. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34969 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hello All
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with getting a job at Alchemy. It would definitely be amazing working for them. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #34970 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Hello All
Ah, thankyou, but 'twas a long time ago in a lifetime far, far away, and sadly long gone. When I get my new camera sorted I'll see if I can get pics of my sculpts, in the meantime I may find that creativity thread and post some of my illustration work. :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #34973 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Hello All
Welcome into the fold my dear!

More
12 years 7 months ago #34976 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hello All
Welcome to the forum! ^.^

Were you originally from Leicester then?

:P Must be nice to live in Derbyshire. I've only been there for a couple of holidays but always loved the scenery.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds