Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Greetings

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #32323 by orkangel
Greetings was created by orkangel
An honour to meet like minded souls,though I must admit to being older than most.Hope you don't mind. Been goth since the seventies but have to tone things down at times as I run my own business and cant scare the customers.
I live in the Northern Isles of Scotland and you'd be surprised how many goths are here.Currently trying to decorate one room, in my style, as a sanctuary away from it all.Please excuse any mistakes as I'm not yet \"forum friendly\", my last attempts have not been fun.Wish you all the best - orkangel.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by orkangel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32324 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Greetings
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32326 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Greetings
Welcome! :)

Don't worry, nobody minds that you are older. A good amount of people here are also in the \"older\" category and they do just fine. ;)

If you think you're not forum savy enough, then check out the Forum Guidelines in the Alchemy section. Basically: don't double post, search the forum before you open new topics (most common problems with new people here) and if you have a problem you are welcome to pm me.

Enjoy your stay on the forum!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32327 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Greetings
Welcome to our forum! ^.^

:P I've noticed that there appears to be more alternative culture in the far north and south of Britain (lucky for some. :laugh:) ..I can't help but see tons of alternative people around and about in the Devonshire area whenever I've taken holidays there, and whenever I'm looking for clothes on eBay, a lot seems to be listed by Scots (the location trend was significant enough to be noticeable).

Alternative culture isn't that great in the Midlands, particularly as you get older. Any hints of remotely 'alternative' mindsets appears to be greatest during high-school years and it's a phase that fades out towards the end of college for most people..

Ahh..If only I was old enough to have a place of my own to decorate..I have my future rooms all visually planned out in my head and I envy you for having the resources to make your vision come true.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32332 by orkangel
Replied by orkangel on topic Re: Greetings
Thanks for the welcome.
Couldn't agree more about location having grown up in rural Lancashire where tolerance to alternative clothing was practically zero. If you happened to be male, over twenty and not \"grown out of it\" you were open to all manner of suspicions. Life was frequently interesting! Living up here is amazing, we have goths, hippies ( yes in kaftans/beads etc ) and recently I've seen an increasing amount of steampunk type gear. Incredibly there is a goth shop on the island where I live. A place of your own will come, its taken me a long time to achieve and its still only a tiny room. Got to go as I have customers to frighten......

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #32333 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Greetings
orkangel wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.
Couldn't agree more about location having grown up in rural Lancashire where tolerance to alternative clothing was practically zero. If you happened to be male, over twenty and not \"grown out of it\" you were open to all manner of suspicions. Life was frequently interesting! Living up here is amazing, we have goths, hippies ( yes in kaftans/beads etc ) and recently I've seen an increasing amount of steampunk type gear. Incredibly there is a goth shop on the island where I live. A place of your own will come, its taken me a long time to achieve and its still only a tiny room. Got to go as I have customers to frighten......

Oh! How interesting!

Are there many job opportunities up there? Is it much of a difference to move from England to Scotland? E.g. culture-wise.

I always thought I'd like to live in Scotland, but job opportunities put me off..Particularly for the job I want..I'm sort of limited now anyway (have applied for a certain university course)..I think I'd have to completely change course or re-train afterwards if I wanted to work in Scotland.

:huh: Being me is not something I can grow out of as well (I'm still pretty young compared to most on this forum)..So. Yeah..The future worries me, seeing as I know my love for the gothic is not a phase and I doubt I'll be able to move anywhere out of England. People aren't that accepting around here, as you know. >.< And to top it off I'm an ethnic minority.

I guess I fear being forced to..Hm..Conform, in the future, I guess.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds