Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Hello , beautiful people!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32158 by black_magnolia
Welcome to the forum! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32163 by sirithkalien
\"Agora faz - me uma sanduiche ou ligo á tua mãe\"...We usually say that our laguage is tricky~because we´ve got too many variations.I´m Porteguese, but also familiar with your language since I was four, the same age I started to speak.So, whenever I forget a word in my own language, I can esxpress what I want in English.So, English is part of me too.Ok, back to the sentence:
What you´ve got to watch out for is that the verb To Call varies. For instance:
When you want to make a call, it´s Telefonar or ligar.~
When you want to talk to someone and that person is on the same spot than you but doesn´t see you,
it´s Chamar.
If you ask me, both languages are beautiful, but the one I´m confortable is Englsh.You see, I was born with what people stupidly call \"Brain Paralysis. I said \"Stupidly\" because they don´t realize that the brain shuts itself down, but can be estimulated.My mom found out a special program the Amercans used for astronauts that could be adapted to disabled children.So, we both went to an institute that \"adopted\" the method.It was used to \"wake the brain up\" by estimulating legs,arms, eyes and they tought parents how to teach kids.I´m not talking about what normals teach in schools. They showed us pictures for one minute . The purpose was not to memorize all, but for us to have an idea of what or who people may be talking about.of course, I could do a lot more had I not been stopped by a strange mixture of deprssion and ilness that kept me on a wheel chair untill I was 14.I´m ok now, but I have to wear a surgery mask during Winter because I´m allergic to vaccines and antibiotics.Not only I have to wear it During Winter in closed areas, but I have to put up with every idiot who not only bothers to make a sick joke or think I´m about to robb him or her.Yet, it doesn´t stop me from living.It´s only throughout the Winter... I´m not saying I can do every single thing a \"normal\" does, but I can do Almost everything.The only thing I can´t do is feel cold. Only heat which is really upseting during Winter..

yes, I´m a translater.I used to translate in an office for science and High Eduucation for a while, but the place was extinct by our government, so, I only translate when asked. I´m currently trying to get a degree so I can hold a real job.Life for a person with some dificulties is not easy here.Here, if you were born like me or worst, you would have to prove ever year to a bunch of morons dressed as doctors to your conditon is permanente,like you´d ever get rid of it!

enjoy your life,stick with your friends and be open minded

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32172 by cemwerewolf
Welcome into the fold my dear!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32173 by sirithkalien
Thank you all very much :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :) :laugh:

enjoy your life,stick with your friends and be open minded

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32175 by Madam_Mim
Welcome to our cozy forum :silly:

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds