Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Hi AlGoth´s - Greetings from Germany

• BUK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #24248 by BUK
Hi AlGoth's

I am a Student, 33 years old, male and come from Wiesbaden. This city is Hessen's state capital and lies in the heart of Germany.

I study science education. It is an interdisciplinary study and includes scientific basics from various areas of psychology, social and cultural studies, philosophy ... :huh:

I tend to express it easier: This course teaches a lot about the theory and practice of life, from birth until death.

A striking feature of mine :unsure: is that I philosophize a lot about life. For me this is probably the reason why the art of Alchemy Gothic is so fantastic.

I am interested in the Middle Ages and visit often medieval markets. Of which there are many in Germany.

Another reason why I introduce you today is the fact that my English is just terrible ... I hope I can improve a little here and you understand all of what I write.

BUK :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24249 by Kuroboshi
From that post alone, you seem to have a decent grasp of the English language, though I can see a few things which I would personally change, though your post may be grammatically correct, I'm not too sure whether my way is the only way, or personal preference.

Anyway, welcome. ^.^

More
13 years 8 months ago #24250 by Morgana
Welcome to the Alchemy forum! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Don't worry too much about your English... if we don't understand something you write, we'll just ask. I think it's pretty good already though, I didn't have any trouble understanding you at all.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24261 by Envy
Welcome!

Do all Germans learn several languages? All of the Germans I have met so far have incredible English skills. I'm actually acquainted with a German man doing an internship in England at the moment and his grasp of the English language is great, even more so as he understands all of the details about the English law system as well and some pretty complex language is used (things have different meanings when used in the context of law etc.).

• BUK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24272 by BUK
Thanks for your welcome greetings.

My English has become dusty. How Kuroboshi has already noticed, especially the grammar gives me trouble. But as long as you can understand me so well as Morgana, I am confident that I can improve my language skills. :cheer:

@ Envy: German schools are not uniform. But the English language (followed by French language) is usually the first compulsory foreign language. But as so often when you do not exercise more... :S
In german schools, it is often possible to learn several languages simultaneously. But you better not ask for my French language skills :laugh:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by BUK.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24281 by Madam_Mim
BUK wrote:

Thanks for your welcome greetings.

My English has become dusty. How Kuroboshi has already noticed, especially the grammar gives me trouble. But as long as you can understand me so well as Morgana, I am confident that I can improve my language skills. :cheer:

Welcome to our cozy forum.

Us non-native English speakers, tend to be over anxious about our grammar, but then again, it's not all natives who say or write everything in their own language grammatically correct................ ;)

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds