Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

All about me :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #23330 by dane_train_05
Hello everyone! My name is Dane and I'm a boy. I live in the United States in a small town in Wisconsin. The name of my town is Sparta. About 3 hours away from the capitol, Madison, for those who aren't familiar with the U.S. I work at the local Walmart. I'm not sure if everyone knows what that is but it's like a huge store with clothes, electronics, home furnishings, groceries, pet supplies, garden stuff, etc. I work in the electronics department and I've been working there for 4 years. I go to college for Marketing and Business Management. I have a slight addiction to movies and started collecting them. Not really collecting but I don't throw them away. I play video games like they're going out of style (I'm not sure if that's a universal expression but it means a lot.) and my game of choice is Modern Warfare 2. I don't really dress uniquely or overtly different but everyone knows me as the one with the connections to all things underground and cool. I found you guys through my friend, Liz, who had an old catalog of yours. I've been hooked since. Well, I didn't do anything about it until September of that year but whatever. I don't read much but I do love graphic novels. The Grimm Fairy Tales and Wonderland series are my favorites. I listen to a lot of different music ranging from Epica to Lady Gaga. Sometimes even La Roux but my favorite of all time is Shiny Toy Guns.

Thanks for reading!

-Dane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23332 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:All about me :)
Welcome to the Alchemy forum! I hope you enjoy it. Not everyone here is \"overtly different\" either, but it's a very friendly group overall.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23334 by dane_train_05
Replied by dane_train_05 on topic Re:All about me :)
Oh! I didn't mean to offend or anything like that, I just saw a lot of pictures and notice a lot of Victorian style that I'm not exposed to in my small town. Thanks for welcoming me! I have a feeling I'll like it here.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23337 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:All about me :)
No offence taken! No one would ever mistake me for a goth by looking at me... and that probably would have got me lynched anyway, in the small town where I grew up. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23340 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:All about me :)
dane_train_05 wrote:

Oh! I didn't mean to offend or anything like that, I just saw a lot of pictures and notice a lot of Victorian style that I'm not exposed to in my small town. Thanks for welcoming me! I have a feeling I'll like it here.

There's little of the gothic fashion in my city as well (the alternative stores here mostly sell more mainstream-scene clothing, like neon coloured stuff/hoodies and shirts with garish images on), but that doesn't stop me. :P I find the further South I go in England, the more gothic things are available.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

More
13 years 9 months ago #23349 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:All about me :)
Welcome to the forum my dear! You mentioned an addiction to movies. May I ask what kind you enjoy?

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds