Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

On this most auspicious of occasions...

More
13 years 10 months ago #21774 by cerberus1618
Hello all,

My name is cerberus (or at least, you can call me as such). I'm a male. 18 years of age. I live in new zealand and this is where I've been born and raised. It's a beautiful country.

As to what I do with my time, I'm currently attending school, but I will be leaving at the end of this term (in about two and a half weeks) as I will be moving cities to start a hospitality course. I also somehow have more friends at my destination than I do here. Ironic, as I've never lived there before. At school I do film and photography. I enjoy them both and will be sad to leave the courses early. But I have to get a job.

I enjoy making things out of metal, stone, wood, bone, leather, glass and horn. I do jewellery as well. I want to learn about the workings of motion winding watches. I already know the workings of standard mechanical watches.

I have three favourite authors who I would recommend to anyone who likes a good novel; Paul Kearney, L. A. Meyer and Thomas Harris. Thomas Harris is the author of the Hannibal series.

My favourite band is the Deathstars. I'm listening to them now.

I found this site by looking for it on google after finding many references to it at shops and on other sites.

I've always liked the victorian gothic style and it has inspired many of my designs in the things I make. Alchemy Gothic continues to be a major source of inspiration.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Cerberus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21777 by Polaristhe2
...Permit me then in lieu of a more commonplace hello, bid you warm welcome to our humble place of residence.

I was using the Cerberus nickname, back when I was playing Unreal Tournament intensely.

But I digress. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I wish your stay to be long and productive.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21784 by Envy
Welcome to the forums! ^.^

Have you ever taken a liking to steampunk styles by any chance? Your likes/hobbies seem to lead that way. I know that I'd be experimenting with the creation of steampunk items if I had any skill in manipulating the materials you have listed, along with knowledge of the internal workings of watches, but alas, it was not to be. :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #21791 by cerberus1618
I am indeed interested in steam punk styles and ideals. Again, another major source of inspiration. but when it comes to steam punk I would not be satisfied with jewellery, accessories and clothing, I would have to study hard and learn aerodynamics and things along that general line in the hope of building airships and engines, the better to travel the world with.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21792 by cerberus1618
Thank you, but you needn't degress as many people have the same name. My real name is robert stewart and I know of at least two others. I also know of at least two 'Grimm's. The most common gothic nickname is Raven. please feel free to use whatever name you wish

More
13 years 10 months ago #21799 by millkins
Welcome to the forums cerberus :D hope you like it here, I find this place to be a major inspiration source but not only because of the products and such but the people here on the forum, hope I made sence just now, anyhoo WELCOME :lol:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds