Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

An Introduction.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19469 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:An Introduction.
Nice answers. I think you shouldn't be bothered with working at Hot Topic in regards to your subculture affinity. It's just a job. Hot Topic may be a sellout if you consider them gothic but I always saw them like a general alternative store, a bit more focused to the rock subculture. I'm sure you will find all kinds of people wandering into hot topic.

btw. interdictum de vi cottidiana is another name for interdictum de vi or interdictum de vi non armata which is, or rather was, an order issued by a preator to a person who is in possession of a real estate, which that person obtained by use of force, to return that real estate to the claimant from whom the real estate was taken. In this case exceptio vitiose possessionis applies... Roman Law, you don't have to understand it. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19476 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:An Introduction.
black_magnolia wrote:

Nice answers. I think you shouldn't be bothered with working at Hot Topic in regards to your subculture affinity. It's just a job. Hot Topic may be a sellout if you consider them gothic but I always saw them like a general alternative store, a bit more focused to the rock subculture. I'm sure you will find all kinds of people wandering into hot topic.

I've always seen them as a general alternative store as well. Not my cup of tea, but a job is a job, if they pay you, go for it. Nothing says you have to like the customers right? You just take their cash when they want something and off they go.

Okay..I'm pretty sure it isn't that simple (I don't know, I've never worked in a store) but hey, it could be. At least you could think of it in that way, if you find yourself loathing the position you're in.

Money is money.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19543 by whitelycan
Replied by whitelycan on topic Re:An Introduction.
touchée. Points taken. Now that I give it a thought it is more or less the lack of a quality product(for the price at least) that kind of repels me from working there. If they start to stock, say: Alchemy, Shrine and Aderlass on the shelves, then I would apply in minutes. I guess it is just the American scene for subcultures in general that I am not particularly fond of. Mabey I should just move to Europe.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19549 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:An Introduction.
Welcome to the Order. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19601 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:An Introduction.
whitelycan wrote:

touchée. Points taken. Now that I give it a thought it is more or less the lack of a quality product(for the price at least) that kind of repels me from working there. If they start to stock, say: Alchemy, Shrine and Aderlass on the shelves, then I would apply in minutes. I guess it is just the American scene for subcultures in general that I am not particularly fond of. Mabey I should just move to Europe.

If you have a real gothic shop in town, then don't feel shy to go there and ask if they need someone to work for them. Maybe they don't need someone full-time, but you can leave your contact if they ever need some extra help when they for example get a new shipment of stuff etc. This applies for all places that you may want to work for. Just go there and \"sell\" yourself. ;) Always try to be informed about your potentional future employer. How long do they work, something about the \"products\" (be it cloths or drinks in a pub), what sort of custemors do they have... you get the idea. And most of all - don't be dissapointed when they turn you down. Wish you luck with the job hunt. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19624 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:An Introduction.
Welcome to the order of algoth new friend. Know that you will never be judged here and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds