Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

ScorchingAngel

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11138 by ScorchingAngel
Hello my fellow gothisans!

I have been looking at this forum since my dear boyfriend started using it and decided it would be a good idea to contribute to this wonderful community as well for a bit. I never have been a true forum person, I think I lack the capacity of being on one site for months or even years on end, but from time to time I try it again, hoping this forum will be a lot more interesting than others I've been on. (At least most have beaten the fantasy forums I have been lurking on for years...)
I am Marjolein, 21 years old and from the Netherlands. I study cultural and social work at Hogeschool Rotterdam and hope to be an event planner within the next year! In my spare time I love to read a great deal of horror and fantasy books, listen to music and sing my own part of gothic and opera-like metal - with my hopefully soon-to-be-starting band.
I have been a great fan of Alchemy for years, owning a couple of the beautiful rings, chokers and necklaces and a couple of posters, postcards, an oilburner and oh... I wish I could decorate my whole house with Alchemy stuff!
If you wish to know more, just google my user name, or my real name (Marjolein Veldman) or reply to this thread! I'd be more than inclined to answer all of your questions. :)
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by ScorchingAngel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11139 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:ScorchingAngel
Welcome my dear and a Merry Christmas to you! Oh where to begin . . . Do you have a favorite book? A favorite band? Could we have some more details on this potential band of yours? Perhaps it will be one for us to look out for in the near future! :)

I too have rarely been able to get into contributing on forums with any sort of regularity. But there is something about this one that just seems to draw you in. I hope you find it as comfortable and welcoming as I have!

More
14 years 4 months ago #11145 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:ScorchingAngel
Welcome to the Alchemy forum! I have never had the time or patience for any other forum either, but this one seems to keep my attention. I hope you enjoy your time here.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11146 by raidohaglaz
Replied by raidohaglaz on topic Re:ScorchingAngel
Oh hello. :)
Nice to see you here.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11147 by ScorchingAngel
Replied by ScorchingAngel on topic Re:ScorchingAngel
Thank you so much and a very merry Christmas back to you of course :)
My favourite band is quite easy, although it be two; The first is Kamelot. I've loved that music since I got into metal deeper and the singer - Roy Khan - is fantastic! The second is Nightwish. That was the first real metal band I've ever heard (even though I grew up with metal music) and the singer - Tarja Turunen - has a fantastic voice as well. The music always was too die for, sadly Tarja and Nightwish split up two years ago. Of course there are other bands that I think are terrific, but these two are exactly what metal means to me :)

My favourite book is more difficult, seeing I read A LOT. But my favourite genres are fantasy, horror and historic (or gothic) romance. My favourite book at the moment however is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. That book is so incredibly funny! I've never laughed out loud with a book, but this one made me giggle inside full trains, causing people to stare at me because I was having so much fun! That book is a recommendation for certain!

I surely hope this forum will do just that for me :)

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11148 by ScorchingAngel
Replied by ScorchingAngel on topic Re:ScorchingAngel
Morgana wrote:

Welcome to the Alchemy forum! I have never had the time or patience for any other forum either, but this one seems to keep my attention. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I sure hope I will too! Thank you so much for the welcome :)

@ RaidoHaglaz: hello my sweet ^_^

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, but those last two replies came in right after I wrote my first reply...
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by ScorchingAngel.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds