Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

Misery Machine

More
14 years 4 months ago #10587 by Misery Machine
Greetings to you all.

I've got no real inspiration for an introduction right now, but that's probably because I used to be passionate about writing and have unwillingly lost the ability to listen to the shadows around me and the shadows in my mind (it's how I perceive the gathering of inspiration for my stories, don't mind that). I'll still, obviously, give it a try. So... I'm an 18 year old misanthrope from Croatia, who generally lives in her thoughts as much as possible and prefers being alone or with trusted company.
My favorite music consists mostly of black metal and some of its variations, and, well, other metal styles (but not that much). Not that I care about what the music is called, I simply need to be able to enjoy it, even if it's hard for other people to understand how someone can enjoy such dark, gloomy, depressive, even satanic \"crap\" like that. Well, for me, there is much beauty in it. Music is art. I'm also pretty much fascinated by the occult, and everything paranormal, or imaginary, that can cause fear. But don't get me wrong, I don't read books about the occult or paranormal (too many authors, too many things they say out of personal interest) nor do I really believe in it, and I have no rituals to perform and no \"gods\" to pray to at all. It's just a fascination, maybe a fascination for good metaphors.
By the way, I like to play PC games a lot. Mostly RPGs and first-person shooters, but the most important thing in a game is that you have to be able to feel that you're there. I don't mean that it has to have great graphics so you can think it's real, but it has to have a good story, be \"playable\", interesting and so on. I haven't played too many in my life, but I've played most of them with sort of an obsession.

P.S.
I'm mainly here because a friend (not sure if she wishes to stay anonymous about that) invited me, but also because this web community seems interesting. Let's see how things will work out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10592 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Misery Machine
Misery Machine wrote:

By the way, I like to play PC games a lot. Mostly RPGs and first-person shooters, but the most important thing in a game is that you have to be able to feel that you're there. I don't mean that it has to have great graphics so you can think it's real, but it has to have a good story, be \"playable\", interesting and so on. I haven't played too many in my life, but I've played most of them with sort of an obsession.

P.S.
I'm mainly here because a friend (not sure if she wishes to stay anonymous about that) invited me, but also because this web community seems interesting. Let's see how things will work out.

1) \"like\"? you just \"like\" Oblivion ;)
2) \"this web community seems interesting\" - Told you so! :P
3) I think I blown the whole anonymous part with the above. :silly:

oh, right, welcome to the forum and hope you like it here! XD

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10595 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Misery Machine
Well, we all hope you enjoy your stay. Don't lie. You loved Oblivion. I know I did. I played for months. It's even more fun when you start the game off with an un-godly amount of money.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10615 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Misery Machine
If you want to live your games, I wont even ask you to play Bioshock or Deus Ex. It's something you should have already done.
I love games that are different (as with all, where's the beauty in the common?) and both of them really are. I didn't even get Bioshock at first, I didn't understand it, but I still loved it. The atmosphere is something special, you can get addicted to it. As with Deus Ex, it's something different and interesting, and what the future (or today) actually could look like, in a sense.

I'm interested in all things old and unnatural (well, on this planet), like pagan gods and the occult. I'm openminded, so I both believe and doubt. You have to prove it for me to believe (and I'd still doubt a bit), and as you can't really prove anything of it doesn't exist...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #10621 by Misery Machine
Replied by Misery Machine on topic Re:Misery Machine
@ black magnolia: I wrote that I play games with an obsession. Including Oblivion, Morrowind, FEAR, Fallout 3... my current favorite ones. :P And I still can't tell if I'm going to stay here. I don't actually like big forums...

Never played Bioshock or Deus Ex... they didn't really catch my eye, but there are many games I have yet to try out.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10622 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Misery Machine
Misery Machine wrote:

@ black magnolia: I wrote that I play games with an obsession. Including Oblivion, Morrowind, FEAR, Fallout 3... my current favorite ones. :P And I still can't tell if I'm going to stay here. I don't actually like big forums...

Never played Bioshock or Deus Ex... they didn't really catch my eye, but there are many games I have yet to try out.

Have to make you post something now, don't I? I know how you play, you're the main reason I bought Morrowind and Oblivion in the first place. If it wasn't for you and constantly playing those blasted games I would have saved the money on buying the originals. ;) (I'm to lazy to download torrents)

And who said we are a big forum?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds