Show Navigation Menu
Media

Shakespeare

More
14 years 4 months ago #10089 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Shakespeare
I had never heard of an \"Adorable\" production of Macbeth! Wow! I guess, with little kids, it would take on a strange quality, though. I love Shakespeare. I am just about to start rereading all the plays. I was hoping someone would buy me a Kindle reader so I wouldn't have to lug the huge book around with me, though. But I think I will be lugging the old book around for a while.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10123 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Shakespeare
I enjoy his work, but put to film I enjoyed Hamlet with Mel Gibson and Helena Bonham Carter and Romeo & Juliet with Claire Danes and De Caprio.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 4 months ago #10154 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Shakespeare
I have to admit that Shakespeare's work is marvelous and always a classic forever, but I wish he had not created so many stereotypes with so many people. Many groups in his stories with certain religious beliefs, family beliefs, patriarchal beliefs were wrongly stereotyped to 'enhance' the story. I'm not sure whether he knew the truth about the personalities and qualities of his characters or not, but either way, he was heavy on wrongly stereotyping.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11923 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Shakespeare
Shakespeare... In love?
:)

More
14 years 3 months ago #11934 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Shakespeare
I do not know enough about the work of Shakespeare to speak ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12859 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:Shakespeare
I love Much Ado About Nothing, but the best adaptation i've seen is the BBC one with dear Kenneth Braghana playing Benadict(appologies for bad spelling).

Did anybody see Hamlet on the BBC durring Christams starring David Tennant?

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds