Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite Christmas Movie.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10053 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

Hmm..Not sure whether to see Disney's version of 'A Christmas Carol'..I don't think any version could ever replace my love for the Muppets' version. :huh:

Monty Python's Life of Brian! Hehe! Not seen that in years! :woohoo: Must make sure I re-watch it this Christmas.

Life of Brian is a Christmas Eve tradition for my husband and I! Just seems appropriate for this time of year...

I'm undecided about Disney's Christmas Carol as well. It \"looks\" great, with all the special effects, etc., but I wonder how much substance there is to it. Now having said that, I'll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10313 by Highwayman
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Chevy chase is hilarious. :laugh:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10348 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Favourite Christmas Movie.
Morgana wrote:

I'm undecided about Disney's Christmas Carol as well. It \"looks\" great, with all the special effects, etc., but I wonder how much substance there is to it. Now having said that, I'll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD.

I agree with that, but as far as looks go, usually the media shows the best parts of a movie, making the rest of it seem..Like nothing special (I know I'm stating the obvious, but a lot of times movies which have looked good have disappointed me when I've seen the whole thing). It's likely to be rented sometime during Christmas by my family if I want to see it anyway.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10350 by scootiebee
I like the old Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim (watch it every Christmas), and Its a Wonderful Life, and the Grinch (the old 60's cartoon one), and Nightmare before Christmas, and I haven't seen Life of Brian in a long while either. I have it on a vcr tape, if that's any indication of how long it has been...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10370 by Morgana
scootiebee wrote:

I like the old Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim (watch it every Christmas), and Its a Wonderful Life, and the Grinch (the old 60's cartoon one), and Nightmare before Christmas, and I haven't seen Life of Brian in a long while either. I have it on a vcr tape, if that's any indication of how long it has been...

My copy of Life of Brian is on a VCR tape as well... taped from TV along with Quest for the Holy Grail. I've been hinting for years that it would be great to have these on DVD... may have to break down and buy them myself, sooner or later.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10406 by scootiebee
I forget where people live, but if you are in the U.S. (or somewhere else they have Target stores), they have the DVDs of all the Monty Python movies for less than $10 each. I think they even sell a box set for less than $20.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds