Show Navigation Menu
Media

the voynich manuscript

More
14 years 8 months ago #906 by morphea3107
as you probably already know , i like peaking your curiosity when it comes to legends and known or unknown history of mankind. as to not dissapoint you , today i propose this subject : the voynich manuscript....

the manuscript can be easily thought of as one of the most mysterious items in history. it is an illustrated book , written in a language no one has ever seen and no one could decipher . it is thought to have been written in the 15th-16th century , and it contains herbal , astronomical , biological , cosmological , pharmaceutical and recipies sections.the history of the manuscript is still full of gaps, especially in its earliest part. some theories surrounding the manuscript say that the one that will be able to decypher it will hold the ancient art of alchemy within their hands. currently the manuscript is stored in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale university. isn't that fascinating?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #912 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:the voynich manuscript
i wonder what language that thing was written in. that is a very curious item. is it still trying to be deciphered today or did they just give up on it?

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #913 by CorpseQueen
It is cool. Just can't stop think that maybe some mad man started to write something he thought was a language, and so on... and therefore it can't be dechipered, because it got no logic :blush:

But it something to think about. Would like to at least see the book, something from it, just out of curiosity...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #917 by morphea3107
it's a very interesting item of history ....isn't it?...
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #920 by TheAlcherealist
I don't know this, but it's very interesting!
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by TheAlcherealist.

More
14 years 8 months ago #923 by morphea3107
i believe that it's nice to know what secrets and untold things lie in human history

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds