Show Navigation Menu
Media

Ghost in the Shell

More
14 years 5 months ago #8836 by vampirelycanthrope13
I haven't read the manga, i've seen some of the anime a while ago, but not all of it. I think it was stand alone complex. I liked the cute talking blue robots that looked like spiders. I think they were called tachikomas. I also loved the opening music for that series.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8983 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Re:Ghost in the Shell
I prefer the series (Stand alone complex) to the films, but I like them both, I kinda looked at the manga (someone lent it to me) but didn't really get it.
Has anyone seen the rehash of the first movie they did recently? Apprently it doesn't really work, but I'd still like to see it, kinda for a completeness thing.

LIke someone above said, I love love love the tachikomas, how cute are they?! Some japanease toy company made a model of one for it's launch, and it responses and moves just like them! It's awesome.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9005 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Ghost in the Shell
yyyyees! The Tachicoma!!!

Too funny. Child spirit in over perfectioned and armed material... I Like it.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #9057 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Ghost in the Shell
I know the song title for \"Stand Alone\" theme is INNER UNIVERSE...don't know by whom <f.y.i.> yeah i like that song too (one of my fav ringtones) i try to catch the opening on adult swim just to hear the song; show ain't terrible... Didn't i hear about a live action/c.g. movie coming out? or am i confused cuz now hollywood has to turn to anime for new ideas (speed racer, astroBoy, akira,etc...)
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by StephenG. Reason: needed more info

More
14 years 5 months ago #9086 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Re:Ghost in the Shell
Inner Universe is by Yoko Kanno, he does a lot of anime soundtracks.

The new film isn't anything to do with Hollywood, the original directer/producer/whoever felt that the initial film was out of date, due to the 2D anime style, and they wanted to replace some of the scenes, notibly the ones where you see her turn into the cyborg body, with 3D (something I think they integrated into the later films?), also her falling off the building at the beginning, it's called 'Ghost in the Shell: 2.0' or something. All I was saying was that apprently it doesnt integrate with the old film very well, especially if you think how dated the 2D anime looks compared to the later 2D of the other films, and that alot of fans felt it was an uncessary change, I don't my self, since I haven't had a chance to see it,

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds