Show Navigation Menu
Media

Halloween TV

More
14 years 6 months ago #7231 by vampirelycanthrope13
Do any of you guys who are also in the uk know of any good halloween related shows or movies coming up on any of the channels here?
I've been looking in the TV guide for the week leading up to halloween, and haven't even found any decent halloween movies scheduled! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7250 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Halloween TV
Surely they'll put John Carpenter's Halloween on? They did last year. But on topic, I haven't seen anything advertised on telly and the Radio Times hasn't given any hints on what's coming up. Everyone just seems to have skipped to thinking about Christmas stuff!

More
14 years 6 months ago #7282 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Halloween TV
Same thing happening in the u.s. a few movies here and there, and the scooby doo marathon... but not alot going on...

More
14 years 6 months ago #7326 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Halloween TV
Same thing in eastern Canada... other than the Simpsons on the Comedy Network, I don't think there has been much on TV yet for Hallowe'en. Hopefully the Great Pumpkin will be on sometime soon though, I've always loved that one!

More
14 years 6 months ago #7355 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re: Halloween TV
The Great Pumpkin? What is it? It sounds amazing!
Supermarkets are bringing out Halloween cupcakes now though! I got some chocolate crispy cakes with jelly worms on top :)

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7360 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Halloween TV
Aftermidnight wrote:

The Great Pumpkin? What is it? It sounds amazing!
Supermarkets are bringing out Halloween cupcakes now though! I got some chocolate crispy cakes with jelly worms on top :)

It's a half-hour cartoon from 1966, called It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! It's from the Peanuts comic strip, not sure how famous that would be in the UK...

Here's a wikipedia link, which will probably explain it better than I could. It does give away the entire plot though...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_Great_Pumpkin,_Charlie_Brown
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Morgana.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds