Show Navigation Menu
Media

Literature

More
14 years 11 months ago #93 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Literature
Then I'm definitely going to read it! I must admit, I came across it looking through the back of my copy of Frankenstein and it only rang a bell because of the character in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He was pretty cool in that. And he was in Queen of the Damned, which leads us back to Anne Rice. Scary....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #114 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Literature
I've read Dorian Gray a few times. It's not really scary, more of a \"morality tale\", but it's a good read. Several of Oscar Wilde's more famous quotes are spoken by one of the main characters.

I just picked up the 1818 text of Frankenstein - which I didn't even know existed until I saw it on the shelf in a used-book store. Haven't started it yet, but it's next on the list. I've read the 1831 version a few times as well, and quite enjoy it. Again, it's not \"scary\" by today's standards, but I love the story.

More
14 years 10 months ago #117 by Aftermidnight
I think the 1818 one actually starts with \"It was a dreary night in November...\". I analyzed that passage in my English essay - I still don't know what mark I got though.

More
14 years 10 months ago #122 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Literature
It's kind of neat to read the classic horror stories and find that they really aren't all that frightening. Yet in their day they were considered to be quite terrifying. My how the times do change . . .

More
14 years 10 months ago #128 by reyne
Replied by reyne on topic Re:Literature
Interview with the Vampire was good but I think Queen of the Damned was much better. The Mayfair Witches series was good too.

More
14 years 10 months ago #130 by Aftermidnight
I just started Interview and I'm halfway through it now. It is rather very good.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds