Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite gothic rock band?

More
14 years 11 months ago #72 by Aftermidnight
Fields of the Nephilim are good. In my opinion, the Sisters of Mercy were the ones who kept the original goth sound (Bauhaus, the Cure, and so on) whilst stylising it; bands like HIM and 69 Eyes owe a lot to them. The have to be the best all round. Does anyone have the Goth 'n' Roll box set by the 69 Eyes? I can recommend it, its gorgeously presented with a full colour book and all the music is great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #75 by Eskelde09
I have pretty much the same... also angtoria and sirenia. Why do they all end in an \"a\"? Within Temptation and Evanescence take the cake, though.

 cantates, avito

More
14 years 11 months ago #76 by nay.mayfair
already heard \"clan of xymox?
I liked the Gothic style of them ...
Despite the mixing of electronic music,
a very good music to hear is the \"back door\".

More
14 years 11 months ago #77 by nay.mayfair
did not know bands like the sisters of mercy, 69 eyes and others that you cite, was seeing now on youtube ... :)
... I like to know new things, music then ... :blush:
Now if I show some of these bands for my boyfriend, he will hate me, so he heard bands like Sum41 and Blink182 ...:side:

More
14 years 11 months ago #78 by Aftermidnight
Eeew pop-punk.... Hehe.

There's actually a lot of variation in what people see as gothic rock interestingly. Without wanting to seem like a genre nerd (failed as soon as I set up this discussion didn't I?), there's all sorts of traditional gothic rock, gothic metal and symphonic metal. There aren't any traditional style goth bands around now that I know of, I guess the Editors are closest to goth's post-punk roots. Most goth seems to be in the form of symphonic metal (like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Sirenia) or like goth meets heavy metal (Type O Negative, 69 Eyes, My Dying Bride). Having read that back, it seems really clinical and music really shouldn't be pigeonholed like it is. There should simply bands that can be described as \"gothic\".

More
14 years 11 months ago #90 by Rubyred
I've never considered Apocalyptica goth, but I have met some of them :) (And seen them so many times its absurd).
I'd say Emilie Autumn was my favourite 'gothic' band/singer.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds