Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite gothic rock band?

More
14 years 11 months ago #171 by Aftermidnight
Wow, that is pretty scary. He makes a good storyteller. There's a link to part 2 at the bottom of the screen when you've watched it all the way through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #182 by merrydeath1978
Malice Mizer is my favorite Goth Rock group

Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by merrydeath1978.

More
14 years 11 months ago #187 by Aftermidnight
They're pretty cool. Very theatrical, very over-the-top and very cool to watch. The organ is quite deathrock-influenced I think. Gives it a nice horror style.

More
14 years 10 months ago #232 by Morgana
Bruce Dickinson's solo album, The Chemical Wedding, is really good. The lyrics/subject matter are very gothic sounding, and of course it's delivered in that amazing voice! There are some cool pictures on the liner notes as well (does anyone else still buy CDs anymore?)

More
14 years 10 months ago #234 by Aftermidnight
I buy CDs and occasionally download. But CDs are my main source of music.

More
14 years 10 months ago #235 by MKRabbit
Morgana wrote:

Bruce Dickinson's solo album, The Chemical Wedding, is really good. The lyrics/subject matter are very gothic sounding, and of course it's delivered in that amazing voice! There are some cool pictures on the liner notes as well (does anyone else still buy CDs anymore?)

The lyrics on that record are actually poetry, written by Britain's most visionary poet: William Blake.
I've got some of his work, and I recommend you read The Book of Thel. It is pretty easy to understand. The story recites the questions about Life and Death made by a young girl named Thel (derived from a Greek word stem meaning WANT), daughter of Mne Seraphim, who lives in the imaginary fields of Har.
Some creatures of the valley hear her questions, the Lily, the Cloud, the Worm and the Clay. They appear before her to comment with stern statements, but when Thel continues not to be satisfied with the answers, she is taken deep, into her future grave. There, among the horrid breath of all rotting things, she finds an image of herself mourning over the same matters, the same unanswered questions. I leave the end out of it, so you go and read it!

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds