Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite gothic rock band?

More
14 years 11 months ago #94 by Aftermidnight
There is a fine line between gothic metal and symphonic metal methinks.
I wish I knew someone in a band. Apparently my little sister's friend at school has a mum who is Andrew Eldritch's (Sisters of Mercy) cousin. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #95 by Rubyred
My friends guitar teacher was sisters of mercy's new guitarist/ member of some sort for a while. Obviously I've met him, he plays in a lot of local bands.

More
14 years 11 months ago #102 by Aftermidnight
Gawesome (goth + awesome= ... yeah). Amazing band. So you've actually met a Sister of Mercy! I'm green.

More
14 years 11 months ago #106 by Rubyred
I guess, but I don't think he really counts, he'll always just be my friends guitar teacher to me.

More
14 years 11 months ago #110 by DarkTrinity
Umm.. I Like Metal But Nothing Beats Being In Bed In The Dark With Bauhaus, The Horrors, Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Type O Negative.. Blah Blah BLAH...

I Think There Are Many Good Genres Out There...In The Alternative Scene Anyway...
But I Do Love The Grunge Sound Of The Older \"Gothic\" Bands..

I've Also Seen \"The Cure\" Live, But They Say They're NOT A Gothic Genre Band.. But I Think A Band Is Only What It's Fans Make It...Not What They Think They Want To Be...

I Agree With Sisters Of Mercy Being A Good Choice Also.. =)

But My Top 3 Favourite Bands Of All Time Are:

* Nightwish
* Rasputina
* Bauhaus

More
14 years 11 months ago #112 by Aftermidnight
I'd say if Siouxsie and the Banshees are gothic then the Cure are...
Bauhaus are great but I haven't heard that much of them. And I've heard of the Horrors but not heard them. But I'll check them out on your recommendation.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds