Show Navigation Menu
Media

Your choise of details

More
14 years 7 months ago #5516 by CorpseQueen
I don't write for an audience - they'll decide if it's for them or not. But I don't believe young ones would read it, as they would not understand. Maybe if they're older then they look and got empathy enough for it, but I believe I could scare those little ones...

As with what the rest of the story is about.. I write in feelings, mostly. They're the most interesting, and I'm not good at description of physical things, so I tend to leave that to imagination. But as blood, sexuality, madness, sorrow and a lot of other uncomfortable things come up in my writing all the time, I don't believe rape would be much to worry about.
It clearly depends on what you fear. Pain, blood, or rape. Well, I got them all, so at some point you may not like it... but, hopefully you will continue reading.

And really... I believe that art, in all forms, should provoce responses at times. Not all the time, but we need a mind-turner once in a while. Maybe I'll be one of them.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5526 by cemwerewolf
In the end, an author writes for themselves. The work is an expression of their thoughts and feelings. So if this is an aspect (albeit sad and horrible) of life that you wish to approach in your writing then I wish you all the best in your artistic endeavours. I too have explored such areas in my writing before and have found it quite liberating to express my view of such a subject in the written word.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5578 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Your choise of details
you tread on a delicate subject here. to say what ppl should/should not write you encroach on freedom of speech (famous battle cry here in the U.S.A.)

More
14 years 7 months ago #5579 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Your choise of details
unfortunately, you have to let ppl write what they want, even something as horrible as rape... BUT the rest of us have the write to berate and belittle them as well....

More
14 years 7 months ago #5601 by CorpseQueen
Well, I like madness - to write about it is more then interesting, to see the world trough the eyes of the partially insane. But you never get born into insanity, not the most intersting kind - and therefore rape has a vital part in one of my stories, because it'll form that girl in many ways. And not only the rape, but her own thoughts and what she finds while being captive.

I know my works may not be for everyone, but that's also my goal - I don't want to be like Harry Potter or Twilight, I want to be for those that know what I'm writing, for those that could understand it and appretiate it because it's good, not because everyone else knows about it.

And then my interest in being different... can't write something that's been written before :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds