Show Navigation Menu
Media

J. R. R. Tolkien

More
14 years 6 months ago #4059 by black_magnolia
What is your favorite Tolkien book? What do you think about the Lord of the Rings movies?
My favorite Tolkien book is Roverandom, a tale which Tolkien wrote for his son to help him get over his lost toy (a little dog). I'm also looking forward to seeing the movie version of the Hobbit. Peter Jackson has done a great work with LotR so I hope it will be the same with the Hobbit.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4060 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:J. R. R. Tolkien
I'll have to be geeky and say Silmarillion.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4065 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:J. R. R. Tolkien
I'm afraid that I haven't read many of his books although a number are on my extensive list of books I need to read. Of those I have read, I liked the Silmarillion the best. After having read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings I quite enjoyed seeing some of the backstory. I enjoyed the movies immensely and also look forward to the Hobbit. I can't wait!

More
14 years 6 months ago #4085 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:J. R. R. Tolkien
I've got into J. R. R. Tolkien only after seeing the Lord Of The Rings trilogy... I absolutely adored it, I've seen each part for at least five times (and I still haven't got bored). Seeing the movie made me want to read the books, and so I did, I found them even more delightful, as there were many things that weren't mentioned in the movies, I would attempt to read them again but I do not own them, I borrowed them from my former high-school's library...so I gotta wait until I lay my hands on them again

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #4092 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:J. R. R. Tolkien
I read the Lord of the Rings a couple of years ago... I had tried to read it when I was younger and couldn't get into it, but I quite enjoyed it this time around. I'll most likely read it again, and I'd like to see the movies as well. I haven't read any of Tolkien's other works yet though.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4097 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:J. R. R. Tolkien
I read all the LOTR book and the Hobbit after seeing the films. I think the Hobbit was the easiest to read and is the one I've read the most times, but I think the book of Return of the King is the best. Two Towers being the best movie. I tried the Silmarillion but found it very heavy-going and a bit self-indulgent.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds