Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favorite Crow movie

More
13 years 10 months ago #22562 by black_magnolia
Thurysaz wrote:

Again & allways, the first one with Brandon Lee.

Mes hommages.

T.

*facepalm* How many times do you want to spam this thread? If you already posted that then there is no reason for repeating it. Pay attention to where the discussion is going.

@ Kuroboshi: I've read it somewhere over at imdb.com, I dearly hope they don't cast Keanu Reeves for Eric because I can't see him doing it right. I must agree with you, yes people will compare it, but it would be great if they find a good cast and make a good movie, would make my day. :) Lee was a good actor but not really the best actore there was, he did a couple of good movies, but his mostle memorable one was the Crow, and if it weren't for his tragic death, he would never have become such a legend.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22571 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Favorite Crow movie
There's a whole lot of speculation on the boards at imdb, it's likely someone who just wanted him to be The Crow (but honestly, in the movies I've seen him in, he hasn't been able to put across the emotions required as well as some other actors) so in the end, we're best just waiting til it is announced.

That being said, reading the news on imdb, it seems to be just taking the title 'The Crow' rather than being a direct remake of the original. Full article linked from imdb: gordonandthewhale.com/the-crow-reboot-ho...t-filming-this-year/

I guess it'd be a bit stupid to speculate whether it'd be Eric Draven or another character and that we're best waiting until a cast list and more details are released before we discuss it too in depth.

EDIT: Although another article on that site (this: gordonandthewhale.com/the-crow-reboot-is-not-a-remake/ ) says that it will be another character and it'll be a different story, so the original appears to be being left untouched only the title is used.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25836 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Favorite Crow movie
Okay. Some more information.

www.hitfix.com/blogs/immaculate-noise/po...-is-this-a-good-idea

Nick Cave is the writer, never heard of him so no real opinion whether this is a good idea.

remakewatch.blogspot.com/2009/06/crow-2011.html

Great, it seems to be a remake of \"The Crow\" but in a completely different vein. Mainly \"hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary style\".

Sorry, but this just doesn't sound like it should be in The Crow franchise. It seems too far from the graphic novel itself which itself seemed like what is stated about the original movie, \"gloriously gothic and stylized\".

I'll probably still see this but all my expectations for it are gone based on that alone. Doesn't seem like it could be actually that great if it loses all of what make the graphic novel so good in my eyes.

The very least he could have done was make it more based on the graphic novel itself.

For those that haven't read, I'll put this in spoilers.
Warning: Spoiler!

More
13 years 7 months ago #25899 by ondespumeggianti
i love the first with Brandon Lee!I think that the most part of people love the first episode of the Crow!U.U

More
13 years 7 months ago #25925 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re:Favorite Crow movie
i've only seen the first one right through, and thought it was great. i saw the start of dark prayer on tv once, and was rather dissapointed so i switched it off and went to bed. it took way too long for the murder to happen, and when it did the scene was really lame.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds