Show Navigation Menu
Media

What do you think about Vampire based metal bands?

More
14 years 7 months ago #3840 by StephenG
Could be worse, could be rock and roll clowns...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3841 by StephenG
Not metal, but i am obliged to mention TORI AMOS if you are talking about vampir influence.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3844 by janelle hell
\"Pirate Metal\"?!? *has not so pleasant images of sea-shanties being performed speed metal style by a group of dudes who failed the audition for the character of Jack Sparrow*

I guess they really *have* run out of good ideas for new music.

Good one, Aftermidnight...Type O Negative is the only so-called \"vampire metal\" band I actually enjoy, and a big part of that has to do with: they don't...actually...THINK...THEY...ARE...VAMPIRES!

More
14 years 7 months ago #3854 by Polaristhe2
StephenG wrote:

Could be worse, could be rock and roll clowns...

...I thought you knew...

ANYWAY! You know, pirate metal is just a rock's throw different than vampire metal. It can as easily be firefighter metal or lawyer metal or even rollerskate disco ticket attendant metal. Basically it's just a pack of dudes/chicks thinking how cool they are in their own mutual fantasy realm. Although I would like to hear lawyer metal (which to be perfectly honest wouldn't be all that different from vampire metal).

\"With their debut album, \"Book of Law\" the band Prosecutor, skyrocketed into US metal charts. With instant classics such as \"Corpus Delicti\" and \"LIFE!\" earned these young Harvard graduates a place among the most popular metal bands today....\"

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3925 by scootiebee
Ooh! Lawyer Metal! Thank you again, Polaristhe2.

How about Proctologist Metal (band called \"Up Yours\"), or dry cleaner metal (sounds like clothes whooshing around the carousel thingy at the dry cleaners), appliance repairman metal (costumes all reveal butt crack), Crossing Guard metal (stops traffic).

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3954 by Aftermidnight
Polaristhe2 wrote:

Basically it's just a pack of dudes/chicks thinking how cool they are in their own mutual fantasy realm.

janelle hell wrote:

Type O Negative is the only so-called \"vampire metal\" band I actually enjoy, and a big part of that has to do with: they don't...actually...THINK...THEY...ARE...VAMPIRES!

Exactly! It's whether they know they are in fantasy world and have the balls to poke a bit of fun at themselves.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds