Show Navigation Menu
Media

What do you think about Vampire based metal bands?

More
14 years 7 months ago #3728 by Lonecrow
Some metal bands inspire themselves in vampires..
Some of them seems to make a good job but others just dont get the point..
Vampires is a subject used more often these days and its nice to have some good music with it.
What do you think about this and if you like some band that inspire themselves in vampires you can name it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3769 by Polaristhe2
I tend to think the fake fangs get in the way of singing and fake fingernails in the way of playing instruments. Well almost any instrument. We'll say a musical triangle and cowbells can slide. On the other hand... I dunno. Cowbells don't sound all that vampirery.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3772 by Aftermidnight
Depends on the attitude of the band doesn't it. Theatres des Vampires are really into being vampires but I think their stuff is a bit cliched and repetitive. On the other hand, the 69 Eyes and Type O Negative have a tongue in cheek approach to 'being' vampires and with Type O in particular they mock people who are really into vampire-ishness.
It's not as bad pirate metal though is it? Whose seen Swashbuckle or Alestorm? *Shudders. They've taken it way to far. In my opinion.

And speaking as a drummer, I think a well-used cowbell can sound heavy and add to a gothic metal song.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3779 by vampirelycanthrope13
MCR's first album is a concept album based around a couple who are being chased by a horde of vampires, or something like that. It is very different to their later stuff, and in my opinion is a very good album.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3782 by Polaristhe2
Aftermidnight wrote:

It's not as bad pirate metal though is it? Whose seen Swashbuckle or Alestorm? *Shudders. They've taken it way to far. In my opinion.

And speaking as a drummer, I think a well-used cowbell can sound heavy and add to a gothic metal song.

Necrogoblin is a band who's main thematic is goblin pirates. Nuff said.

Besides, without cowbell \"don't fear the reaper\" wouldn't be that. But I am trying to imagine a music consisting souly of cowbells.

I am failing terribly

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3839 by scootiebee
Polaristhe2, thank you! I needed to laugh! Cowbell Symphony.

My orchestra director when I was a kid wrote a symphony that was performed by an orchestra, and kids from the youth symphony stood around the audience playing telephone bells from old telephones that actually had bells in them (tied to a string and hit with a mallet), and musical wine goblets. it added a creepy note to a really haunting piece of music.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds