Show Navigation Menu
Media

do you have a real metal heart?

More
12 years 11 months ago #32267 by Prissy
my whole life is based on metal. i've been a metal head since as far back as i can remember. i grew up with it and still listen to it, well its all i listen to . theres so many kinds of it, and i love them all. its the best thing around and will always be, not like that stupid rap and pop music. yes im a true metalhead!!!

ZOSO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32924 by diEoxidE
Started listening to stuff like Limp Bizkit back in primary school and then the Metal just grew out of it. I love it, we only have a few decent metal clubs here in South Africa, luckily one is close to us and friends and I live there.

Do You Derive From The Chaos Of My Mind?

More
12 years 9 months ago #33876 by Eiríkr
I love metal!!!
I like almost all of its subgenres, the metal makes me dream ;)

But i like also folk music,classic music..(I play the piano for 7 years,with that ... I play only classical music...But three years ago I started playing the guitar, so I expanded my musical horizons)

More
12 years 9 months ago #33891 by Envy
Eiríkr wrote:

I love metal!!!
I like almost all of its subgenres, the metal makes me dream ;)

But i like also folk music,classic music..(I play the piano for 7 years,with that ... I play only classical music...But three years ago I started playing the guitar, so I expanded my musical horizons)

Ooh similar to me! Although I'm very picky with metal and I tend to hang around certain subgenres more than others. Some I can't stand!

I always got told by my friends that my taste in music was unusual because I love classical and I love death/heavy metal, but I'm just ecstatic when I find people who are just like me music-taste-wise. :P It turns out most death metal lovers tend to enjoy classical too!

More
12 years 9 months ago #33898 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I always got told by my friends that my taste in music was unusual because I love classical and I love death/heavy metal, but I'm just ecstatic when I find people who are just like me music-taste-wise. :P It turns out most death metal lovers tend to enjoy classical too!

Oh, I find it weird that your friends told you that. :P :silly:

Looks like it depends on the people you hang-out with. Most of my friends who listen to metal usually listen to classical music too and some are even classically educated musicians, therefore I really find it normal when someone listens to classical music and metal.

A lot of metal bands use classical or folk instruments in their music, therefore I don't see why it would be so odd if someone listened to plain classic or folk music too (or any other genre of music for that matter - I find it a bit sad if someone can only appreciate one kind of music and is totally deaf to the rest...).

You even have sub-genres like cello-rock and cello-metal which are characterized by the use of cellos, as well as other bowed string instruments, as primary instruments... :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33900 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Looks like it depends on the people you hang-out with. Most of my friends who listen to metal usually listen to classical music too and some are even classically educated musicians, therefore I really find it normal when someone listens to classical music and metal.

A lot of metal bands use classical or folk instruments in their music, therefore I don't see why it would be so odd if someone listened to plain classic or folk music too (or any other genre of music for that matter - I find it a bit sad if someone can only appreciate one kind of music and is totally deaf to the rest...).

You even have sub-genres like cello-rock and cello-metal which are characterized by the use of cellos, as well as other bowed string instruments, as primary instruments... :)

Ahh..Most of my friends tend to be either the 'listen to all genres of metal, rock, pop, anything' people (not classical etc.) or they tend to not be into metal at all and view it as all 'just screaming and noise'.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds