Show Navigation Menu
Media

Within Temptation

More
12 years 10 months ago #33883 by black_magnolia
Eiríkr wrote:

they the ugly copy of Nightwish

How can they be an ugly copy of Nightwish when both bands were formed in the same year and also made their first album in the same year? Just plain logic tells you that one had to come before the other so that someone has the possibility to copy the other.

There is a similarity because they are more or less in the same music genre, but I'd say Nightwish has a totally different sound therefore I don't really know how you can compare the two, let alone state they are an \"ugly copy\"...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33914 by Eiríkr
Replied by Eiríkr on topic Re: Within Temptation
black_magnolia wrote:

Eiríkr wrote:

they the ugly copy of Nightwish

How can they be an ugly copy of Nightwish when both bands were formed in the same year and also made their first album in the same year? Just plain logic tells you that one had to come before the other so that someone has the possibility to copy the other.

There is a similarity because they are more or less in the same music genre, but I'd say Nightwish has a totally different sound therefore I don't really know how you can compare the two, let alone state they are an \"ugly copy\"...

I'm sorry I expressed myself badly ... I meant that the bands were born almost together, but talking about the genre... ghotic metal .. ..
Nightwish did a beautiful ghotic ...... the temptation whitin..no
(this is only my opinion)
so that's why the i've said \"ugly copy\"....I apologize if I offended you

Compares for example the song of the video above .. with \"The Carpenter\" by Nightwish....

What's the best ghotic? (not the best song...but the most representative of the genre...)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: merged posts

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33918 by black_magnolia
Ok, then I'd say you aren't familiar with the genres and the band's opus. :P

Within Temptation started as a gothic metal band (but that was in their beginning and now they are best described as symphonic metal), Nightwish on the other hand, never started as a gothic metal band and if you ask Tuomas Holopainen (Nightwish founder) they never were gothic metal. He does agree that some songs have gothic themed lyrics, but that alone isn't enough to call them gothic metal.

I wouldn't call these two bands gothic metal either, but symphonic metal. In my opinion, a lot of symphonic metal bands are pushed into the category gothic metal - which as a genre itself is pretty hard to describe...

Bands who are a remotely good example of a gothic metal band: Type O Negative, Monespell, Paradise Lost.

btw. the edit button in your posts is there for a reason. ;) Please, use it and don't double post.

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33922 by Naminé
Replied by Naminé on topic Re: Within Temptation
Once in a while I listened to Within Temptation but to say yes i love that band... No not really. When they first started it was a big hype here in Holland but when they tried to go to Amercia I've lost my interest in them.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Naminé.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33931 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Within Temptation
Naminé wrote:

Once in a while I listened to Within Temptation but to say yes i love that band... No not really. When they first started it was a big hype here in Holland but when they tried to go to Amercia I've lost my interest in them.

Did you lose interest *because* they 'tried to go to America'? Just curious, because of how you've worded that sentence.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33935 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Naminé wrote:

Did you lose interest *because* they 'tried to go to America'? Just curious, because of how you've worded that sentence.

I assume she meant how they've changed to suit an American audience. Usually it's very hard for European musicians to break through on the American market, so some change a bit to fit in better...

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds