Show Navigation Menu
Media

Vampyre Sanguinomicon by Father Sebastiaan

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25983 by snow.wulf
I've been wanting this book since it came out back in August, and I finally found a copy at my local bookstore :laugh:

Has anyone else read it? It sounds very informative.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by snow.wulf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25991 by Morgana
This is the first I've heard of it, but it sounds interesting. Can you provide any more details, or maybe a link with more information?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25992 by snow.wulf
Of course! This is from the back of the book:

\"Since the dawn of civilization the vampire has danced through the dreams and nightmares of every culture, expressed in folklore, literature, and art. Today, this fascination resonates in pop-culture, through hit television shows and movies and bestselling books. But what does it mean to be a vampire, a living and modern vampire? What many do not realize is that the Living Vampyre is on a serious, lifelong spiritual path. Best known as Strigoii Vii, the Living Vampyre is one who has embarked on a serious and lifelong spiritual path. Not just kids in capes, the members of this magickal community seek to live in glamour and ritual every day. The Vampyre Sanguinomicon provides a profound perspective on the Vampyre culture, traditions, movement and philosophies, which are intended to challenge and inspire your views.Chapters include Vampyre Ritual, Vampyre Sensuality, Beginning Vampyrism, and The Vampyre Wedding.\"

I've been a practicing Vampyre for quite a while now and I enjoy hearing others interpretations on it :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by snow.wulf.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25996 by Morgana
Interesting, thanks for the info. So it's basically about vampyrism as a religion, right? Care to offer any more details of what's involved with that?

More
13 years 6 months ago #25999 by snow.wulf
Morgana wrote:

....So it's basically about vampyrism as a religion, right? Care to offer any more details of what's involved with that?

I would love to! Alot of it is very complicated and in-depth.
Vampyrism is a very personal thing and it's different for everyone. Keep in mind that there are 2 types of Vampyres: Sanguinarians (Blood-Drinkers) and Psychic Vampyres (Feed on energy). It's a very magickal \"religion\", involving many rituals. The feedings are usually ritualized, and they are extremely personal experiences.

I don't completely see Vampyrism as a \"religion\", I see it more as just a state of being. I'm a Vampyre, and I do follow some of the Vampyre rites and rituals, but I'm also a Satanist.

My personal view on Vampyrism is that it's an internal struggle to find peace and balance. Many see us as evil, and this is completely false. Through ritual we find ways to control our needs and to find inner peace. We have our own set of ethics and codes of conduct. Look up \"The Black Veil\". This is the Vampyre code of conduct. There are many different versions of this, as many different groups have changed it around to make it their own.

I could go on for quite a while on this, but I've got to start getting ready for class :laugh:

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26002 by Envy
snow.wulf wrote:

Morgana wrote:

....So it's basically about vampyrism as a religion, right? Care to offer any more details of what's involved with that?

I would love to! Alot of it is very complicated and in-depth.
Vampyrism is a very personal thing and it's different for everyone. Keep in mind that there are 2 types of Vampyres: Sanguinarians (Blood-Drinkers) and Psychic Vampyres (Feed on energy). It's a very magickal \"religion\", involving many rituals. The feedings are usually ritualized, and they are extremely personal experiences.

I don't completely see Vampyrism as a \"religion\", I see it more as just a state of being. I'm a Vampyre, and I do follow some of the Vampyre rites and rituals, but I'm also a Satanist.

My personal view on Vampyrism is that it's an internal struggle to find peace and balance. Many see us as evil, and this is completely false. Through ritual we find ways to control our needs and to find inner peace. We have our own set of ethics and codes of conduct. Look up \"The Black Veil\". This is the Vampyre code of conduct. There are many different versions of this, as many different groups have changed it around to make it their own.

Oh, that sounds intriguing. If I can find a copy of the book, I think I shall read it from curiosity. :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds