Marilyn Manson!

More
13 years 7 months ago #25285 by Paul
Marilyn Manson! was created by Paul
Are you a fan like myself?
What is your favourite album?
Has he influenced you in any way?
If not, which musical artist has?

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25290 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Marilyn Manson!
I'm not a big big fan, but I like his stuff. I saw him live, he's a great showman, can't disagree on that!
I don't have a favourite album, although I have his first five albums in mp3 form and have the \"Lest We Forget\" album on cd, which is in fact the one that I listen to the most.
Manson didn't influence me in any way. He makes good music, does a great show and is an excellent businessman and that's that, not much more to it.

Hard to say which musical artist influenced me, harder even to say how they influenced me... Hmmm... Really music comes in last place when it comes to influence, but I think I would say Iron Maiden if I had to say some artist. They were the first metal band that I picked up listening, really more of a coincidence...
I loved horror sc-fi and fantasy movies from when I was a kid, like 5 years old (my dad let me watch them even though you know how the age restrictions go). When I finally learned to read, I started reading fantasy books, books about vampires and all other creatures of the night etc. (I was naturally darkly inclined from kindergarten :silly: I still have a drawing of a monster/vampire that I made in kindergarten, when I was 6 years old. :woohoo: )
Happens so that one day I was browsing through the cd rack in the local supermarket and found Iron Maiden's Edward the Great. I didn't buy it right away, well couldn't really because I didn't get any pocket-money and had to ask my parents for anything that I wanted and cd-s were bloody expensive at that time. One day I brought up the courage and asked my mom to buy it for me, she gave me a weird look, asked me if I really wanted it and finally bough it. :) I'd say the rest is history. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25293 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Marilyn Manson!
Can't say I'm a fan of Manson. I am an admirer of his ex-wife though. :P Dita is so pretty.

Can't really say I've been *that* influenced by any of the musical artists that I listen to anyway! However, they do influence my mood.

^.^ I don't think anyone on this forum can say that their music doesn't influence their mood though.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25299 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Marilyn Manson!
I am not a fan. I like but not more... B)

More
13 years 7 months ago #25300 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Marilyn Manson!
Envy wrote:

Can't really say I've been *that* influenced by any of the musical artists that I listen to anyway! However, they do influence my mood.

^.^ I don't think anyone on this forum can say that their music doesn't influence their mood though.

I agree with you. I think it easier to talk about musical influences when you are a musician yourself and the musicians that you listen to have really made a difference in your life. What I find with most of my friends that are professional musicians is that their music is a big part of them and therefore also the music they listen to has a different, bigger role in their lives.
I'm not musically educated (don't count the shabby music classes in elementary & high school because it can't be compared to music school), so I have a very limited knowledge of he fine aspects of music and I don't notice them that much. I have picked up some stuff from my friends that study music, so I'm a bit better off then the average person, but still music isn't that important to me like to some professional musician and therefore any influence a musician could have on me is limited.
sorry, for the ramble, hope you understand what I wanted to say. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25304 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Marilyn Manson!
:P Ah, I do understand. I have studied music and only recently dropped the subject. I'm also a musician, however, I'm a classical musician so I chose to ignore that for this topic.

In the sense of musical influences regarding my own compositions, most of the stuff which influenced me were minor key waltzes by Chopin, marches and things by Russian composers. Shostakovitch is a very noteworthy composer as well..I've mentioned that before somewhere. :woohoo: His work is exceedingly dark due to things which influenced him.

There's a lot of classical stuff written in minor keys which are incredible as well - Classical does, after all, inspire quite a lot of metal music although you wouldn't think it at first.

^.^ It's very easy to lose yourself to music when you're able to create it. I wouldn't call myself a professional quite yet (grades 6/8 in various instruments and basically around the same grade regarding technical theory) but I completely understand what you mean when you say that music plays a greater inlfuential role when you understand other aspects of it.

I found my musical studies quite tiring until near the middle/end of my course, when I could appreciate, see and hear the fine details composers used to create certain sounds and effects.

Argh..Excuse the sort-of off-topicness.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds