Show Navigation Menu
Media

Dostoievski

More
14 years 7 months ago #2457 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Dostoievski
we all have some of evil within us ;)...i love it when i have the possibility to explore the dark side of the human mind and soul ...;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2459 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Dostoievski
I absolutely agree, but some have a bit more than others...I may be deviating from the subject (or not, what the hell), but recently I've had a change in my way of perception; I used to think, as most do, that authors of disturbinbg crimes (including cannibalism and other things the \"normal human being\" in us cannot understand) are obvoiusly insane or do not have a tight grasp of reality, but it dawned on me that that's far too simple of an explanation. People want to believe that those who they do not understand are \"weird\", \"mad\" or whatever. That's the easiest way out of a mind boggling dilemma, and people want simple answers, answers that make them feel safe. (Isn't this why religion appeared, to comfort weary humans with the promise of an afterlife?) The fact is that such \"monsters\" (as society perceives them) are just like any other person (I'm not saying that all are sane or not trying to excuse them), are human beings just like us and that is frightening to some, as it demonstrates the power of evil. Evil is not fictional.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 7 months ago #2486 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Dostoievski
That's a bit relative... I don't believe in evil and good, as for me it always got a reason behind it. And that's the main thought about my stories and main characters... I create powerfull creatures from human minds, and if you believe them evil, then that's your point of view. I just wonder if you'd think the same when you can see the feelings and thoughts behind that evil?

Heard about \"Crime and Punishment\", sure - I'm just not good with names, so probably I've heard about him several times even. Seems like something interesting, and maybe in time I'll check it out.

(Oh, and yes, I'm going to be a writer... sometime I'll have my books ready, but not for many years to come)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2514 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Dostoievski
No, of course I do not deem things which are done for a good reason evil, even if those things are \"immoral\" (because morality is something I honestly do not believe in) or not easily understandable, what I do call evil are the action one does to harm others for no reason, or only for pleasure. That's a severe case of egotism, and to me it just isn't right. And certainly, I'm aware of the fact that my opinions are not general truths, I wouldn't even dare to claim that they are so, but being subjective is part of being human :D (I write too but my feeble scribbling is not really that good, the think I lack most is coherence). If I may ask, what kind of stories do you write? Whatever genre you prefer, keep up the good work and a few time from now I'm looking forward to hear about your first book.:woohoo:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds