Show Navigation Menu
Media

Blu-ray

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23139 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Blu-ray
Thurysaz, you shouldn't be surprised you got such a reaction, because you state:

Of course I see it differently than you because I am a movie buff and I hate bad pictures.

thus implying that the other members of this forum are ignorant, don't know or can't appreciate movies. I'd say this is a insult in this place.

(Addressing my post, I didn't insult you. I've asked you a question and expressed my anger because you as a senior member of the forum still are ignorant to the basic rules of behaviour on the forum and continue to spam it, whereas you should know better. I've addressed you on this matter a couple of times on the forum and over pm but you obviously don't read anything!)

Furthermore,

Continue to cheat by downloading your movies, that! It really respect artists and movies

, why did you post this? Nobody mentioned anything about piracy and the matter doesn't have anything to do with blu-ray being better then dvd-s, so naturally from the context etc. would anybody assume that you are accusing the other members of the forum that they only have pirated versions. Pirecy is a felony in itself, then accusing others of it on unsound grounds is libel/defamation, so don't be surprised that someone feels insulted when you make such accusations on which some people regularly sue others.

But I guess you must have problems. I do not blame you.

-> This is a very low statement coming from a supposedly grown up man. Insult number 3.

Oh, I'm really sorry I could not know that you were poor.

-> Another very low statment. Insult number 4.

I don't approve of the language Kuroboshi used in addressing all of this, but being on the receiving end of insults, I don't blame him.

How big a dvd collection someone has, proves more of how much money someone is willing to pay on it then of how much of a movie lover that person is. I have an acquaintance that also has a 1000+ dvd collection but is totally ignorant and doesn't know anything about movies and I also have a friend that has mabye 50 dvd-s but is a living encyclopaedia of movies because he loves them, but prefers to go to the cinema to watch movies rather then home.

I hope this matter is settled. If you have more to 'discuss' then do it over pm.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23140 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
Bonjour sister Envy,

Yes for me the bonus DVDs, and now even more on Blu-ray, enabled me to learn my craft.

I explain: I am self taught and that is by reading specialized magazines and by watching the \"bonus\" of movies that I began to learn the craft of prosthetics.

Bonuses are a goldmine for realizing the work.

Besides the Blu-ray \"Alien vs. Predator\" is a gem! There is a bonus called \"Weiland-Yutani secret files\" where the two races are very well explained.
This is a must!
(Especially for me as a addict of both races and had participated in the creation of costumes and sets for the \"preview\" of Alien 4.)

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23442 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Blu-ray
Hello world

I want one, but i have a unique life, all my ROOM is the one room i tend to put things in, i can fit my life in 1.5 utes now haha.

But my computer is my TV, DVD, Music and everything else. I've not really thought about getting a blu ray player as i don't really buy many movies, but on my HI DEF screen smeg me they do look good though...

I want a big screen tv and a blu ray player... get a video store subscription or something hahha

More
13 years 9 months ago #23568 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Blu-ray
I just ordered a blu-ray player from Sony (since I have earned a lot of points on their web site, I got it for less than half-price). I can't wait to see how improved a blu-ray disc looks, but I have bought a few in anticipation of seeing them. I will get back to you next week after it arrives. :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23577 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
Bonjour sister Scootiebee,

Believe me it really worth it! Especially as the BD players \"up-scale\" DVD. So not only can you still use your old DVDs. But in addition, their image is better! It feels like the best discs.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds